1. I was worried about IT band syndrome after Palo Duro last week wearing NB811s. I recalled that the last time I wore these for trail running, I developed IT band syndrome. Suffice to say, they are now is trail shoe heaven. The IB stuff has since gradually faded to nothing.
So, I asked the guys at the Albuquerque Running Store if shoes cause IT band syndrome, and if so, how? The told me it would have to be over correction, shoes that throw your feet to the outside, putting a strain on the IT band.
2. My beloved New Balance 768s, which i started wearing in 2006, got redesigned. Well, of COURSE they did. The men in black heard that I loved those shoes. They redesigned them on a different base with a narrow box and now they don't work for long runs any more. Bastards.
So, I'm going to step out of the N 1) stability, 2) cushioning, and 3) trail sole. Meanwhile, a bitter email to New Balance is in order. DO YOU HEAR THAT? NEW BALANCE? YOU JUST LOST A CUSTOMER!!!!
3. I'm watching a TV show with a baby in it and seriously, that child ain't right. Looks like he's touched by something.
4. I watch way too much TV.
5. I got two phone calls from two kids this week. One of them wanted to know how long to let an older alcoholic, unemployed homeless adult relative use this person's home for storage. The other one wanted to know how one gets a passport. All in all, I prefer the latter type of question from my children.
6. Not long ago, Sweet Baboo was thumbing through a Trail Runner magazine, and I heard him make a noise. I glanced over and saw these:
Oh-h-h-h-h-h-hhh! Why didn't anyone tell me?
7. They put up the Palo Duro results, and they show me at 8:00:11. LIARS! 11 seconds is how long it took me, at least, before I made it to the start line, from my spot in the back of the pack. At Least.
8. "Hey, let's go for a walk," Baboo said one evening.
"What kind of walk," I asked, suspiciously.
"Oh, just a short walk. I don't want to be out too long," he answered. Here's our evening walk: It included some bouldering.
10. Well, if I do, I might have to do it by treadmill. Last week, we had a very nasty rainy day with hail and everything. I spend a goodly portion of the day Saturday cleaning out the garage, and then Baboo followed up and hung up the bikes and organized all the rest. The next time the weather is cruddy, I'll have my own gym.
11. Okay, I wrote number 10 on Sunday. This was yesterday. The downside was that I haven't yet made myself some screw shoes for running when it's snowy. But that was okay because....
This is the garage now. It doesn't look like much, but it's got a huge tv. I got to try out the arrangement today. It's wonderfully chilly in there, but not too chilly, for running, cycling (onthe trainer) and weight-lifting. I can do quick bricks and circuit. Cool!
cheer silently but feverently for the Sweet Baboo!
13. I just spent some time workingo on Sweet Baboo's new Shuffle. I've discovered that Falco makes for good running songs. When asked: Falco.