13. My father's voice is the voice inside my head, most of the time. This is very unfortunate, because it's a voice of derision. It's a voice that fills me with doubt. Sometimes it's a voice that says, you did't try hard enough. Other times, it's a voice that says, it will never matter how hard you try.I need my own voice.
12. I've never really been a dog kind of person. But I'm being won over. Even Baboo isn't as excited to see me each day as these guys are. I mean, he's happy, but he doesn't wag so hard that his whole body moves, or try to lick my hand. Maybe I just haven't asked nicely.
Anyway. Furry welcomes are pretty great.
11. I can stop a panick attack by jumping up and down really hard or running up a hill.
10. Xanax works really, really well. Really well. No. REALLY. It's also highly addictive, so, well, you know: find another way. Red wine helps, too, but I imagine that jumping up and down hard or running up a hill is probably better for me.
9. I've been in grad school continuously since 1997. During that time, I've amassed 2 partial PhDs, and as of spring 2011, 3 master's degrees. It's time that I stopped, and started living my life. There's nothing I need to prove.
8. I do not need to binge at Linn's super buffet to feel like I have some control over my life.
7. I am fine, just the way I am.
5. I want to learn how to surf before I turn 50.
3. I am a runner.
2. I am a swimmer.
1. I am whatever I want to be.