13. This week I actually started feeling like an athlete again. It started last week on Tuesday when I joined a bunch of the Albuquerque Roadrunners for the weekly La Luz run training. I'm now able to keep most of the runners in sight. They don't get so far ahead of me that I'm alone in the wilderness.
12. Friday, we found out that one of our local running shops was going out of business :-(
and they were selling their stuff 50% off :-)
Sweet Baboo and I met over there after work. Turns out the skinny bitches had already made a run on the place, so what was left was for me: I snapped up some Moving Comfort size L shorts, coupla bras, coupla running tops. Oh, and there was a pair of women's size L CWX compression running tights. My old ones had a hole in them. Awesome!
10. Sunday, we went for a 10 mile run up in Northern New Mexico. It was a nice out-and-back that went from 9200 feet up to 10200 feet. Up that high, it was cool out.
Most of the trail was totally runnable, but there were a few marshy areas where my feet were completely soaked. Quite a few stream crossings, too. The fun part was when we were headed into the last mile down to the parking lot, and there were people walking up the trail toward the lake, which is about a 1-mile walk. They were huffing and puffing and asking us if the lake was very much further? and women were fanning themselves.
9. Very soon, monsoon rains will begin. These occur on and off throughout July and August, and comprise about half of our annual rainfall here.
8. Gosh, I can't believe how much fitness I lost over the spring semester. After Sunday's 10 mile run, my body was kind of in shock, like I'd run a marathon. I'd fall asleep, and then leap up and eat a whole bunch. then sleep, then leap up and again. It was weird. Clearly, I have a lot of work to do.
7. The weather report says it's raining outside right now. It is not. Is there someone I call?
6. Current weight: 156, and holding steady.