13. I'm thankful that I've got good genes. I complain about my depressive, anxious, alcoholic genes, but I have some good ones, too: I'm smart, and I have nice, thick, oily skin. I know that last one sounds weird, but trust me: if you live in the desert southwest, thick oily skin is what you want. It keeps me looking young. Good vanity genes also includes that I have only a few strands of gray hair at 46.
12. I'm thankful for Baboo. Of course. There was a time when I briefly waffled in my decision to marry him. I was pretty gun-shy. But I swallowed hard, took the plunge, and my life has been awesome ever since.
11. I'm thankful that my Baboo has an excellent work ethic. If he didn't, I would have as much fun as I do, and my running shoes would be much lower quality, and I wouldn't get to brag about his accomplishments as much as I do, which of course is the grownup version of my boyfriend can beat up your boyfriend.
10. I'm thankful for Ma and Pa Baboo. As inlaws, they are The Awesome.
9. I'm thankful Blogsy for iPad now has WYSIWYG editing. This has been a major hindrance to posting to my blog, so I'll be doing that more often.
8. I'm thankful for all four crazy critters that live in my house: the loud, whiny complaning one; the spazzy wiggly one; the blind one; and the one that hisses at everybody else.
7. I'm thankful for my job. In a bad economy having a job is enough to be thankful for, but I have a job where they treat me with respect and provide the tools I need.
6. I'm thankful for my brain. Pretty soon, I'll be testing for my independent license. I expect to pass. I wish I could say I am grateful for the licensing board in my state, but their glacial pace makes it impossible (I applied for this in August, and it's been pending since then.)
5. I'm thankful for Rihanna's Disturbia. And, for car dancing. The two are not mutually exclusive.