Saturday, February 09, 2013

Day 2: saturday.

Dear Diary,

I'm not sure why I thought a weekend was a good place to start a fast. It's a stupid place to start a fast. I'm bored, and when I'm bored, I eat.

Last night was fine. I wasn't hungry. Baboo, however, said he had a "general feeling of suffering". I made him some broth. He declared the broth "awesome". He declined eating, and wanted to go one more day. Then he fell asleep in the chair at 6:30. I imagine that part of his tiredness yesterday comes from the fact that he didn't have any caffeine, and he usually starts the day with, oh, about four cups of java. No, I'm not making that up. He blends it in a 1000 ml beaker I bought for him for that purpose, with 8 ounces of skim milk and protein powder.

I've doing some intermittant fasting for almost two months now, so I guess my body is used to it. Usually, I don't eat on Mondays. I also read that the worse your diet is, the worse the first few days are. I don't know if that's true, but my symptoms have been minimal. Baboo says his are too, but then he woke up with a headache, probably from lack of caffeine.

I tried to develop an eating disorder in high school. One of those stupid things teenage girls do, I guess. Before I under the anguish and frustration of actually having one, I was all, I wish that was my problem. I don't have the willpower for it. Purging is a lot of work. And deliberately tracking everything I eat and such...I am Lazy. Now, Binging, on the other hand, I'm all over it. I can put away food like nobody's business. But food restriction, and the rest, I guess it takes a certain personality type, maybe more type a-ish. I will often forget to eat, but when I think about it, I want to eat. and when I'm really ramping p the training, my car mysteriously steers towards tne nearest super buffet, where I consume mass quantities of chicken and seafood. those are my weakness. As for purging, well, never gonna happen. once it's it's eaten, it's eaten, let that shit go, man. I'm like Jeff Bridges in Tron you're really messing with my zen thing here....as also evidenced by my startling lack of placing in runs. I'm all, whatever.

So anyway. Last night Baboo said, with wide eyes, the broth was awesome. It is awesome. One of the things I read, and I can't remember where, is that some of the really crappy feelings from juicing fasts come from lack of sodium. Plus, it gives your taste buds a break. Juices are sweet. Not sugary, syrupy sweet, but sweetish. This was a surprise to me. Even the cruciferous vegetables are sweet when juiced.

I gave Baboo a large cup of green tea this morning, because he has guard duty, and some tea bags to take along with his kit.

I put a piece of chicken in my mouth and chewed it up and spit it out. I thought it would be satisfying. Nope. Mostly, I'm bored. I don't really feel hnger, which means I need to rexamine my relationship with food, I guess. Or clean my filthy house.

I got me some new Sarah Palin glasses. I personally have always loved how she dressed. Too bad about the room temperature IQ thing.

So....we're off to day 2. I have a 15 mile run/walk....maybe. This should be interesting. I wonder if putting a drop or two of truffle oil in my broth is cheating.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments containing links to commercial websites from people with invisible profiles are deleted immediately. Spammers are immediately deleted.

Moved.

 I'm no longer involved in multisport or endurance sports. I've started my own business, a psychotherapist specializing in anxiety d...