|You see this sort of thing at packet pickups.|
10. SO between crewing for himself, and running 31 miles in the heat at Denver, and losing my wallet, I'm behind on a lot of stuff. It's amazing the stuff you can't do without a driver's license. Like, for instance, I have to go see kids that are in jail at times. My work ID only has my first name on it, sothey ask to see my ID. I tried telling the guard coyly, It's just Misty. Well, he bought it. Mostly because he's seen me there before. But next time I won't be so lucky.
9. Another thing I did right Sunday: I wore 100 SPF sunscreen for 7 hours straight. Not a hint of sunburn or splotchiness.
8. Tonight Himself the Baboo and I ran just under 6 miles around the neighborhood. So the story is this: when Sweet Baboo needs to keep himself from running too fast, he runs with me. (When he reads this, he's going to protest and deny that's not what he meant, but it's okay. I'm glad to have a purpose.)
- Me: So tell me where you think you should be.
- Kid: At home. I should be at home. I was doing very well well there.
- Me:You're here for multiple probation violations, including cutting off your GPS device, burglary, and you recently overdosed and tested positive for opiates...all within the past four weeks. Tell me how that's 'doing very well'?
- Kid: You're going to think whatever you want to think.
- Me: Is any of that information wrong?
- Kid: No.
- Me: So I 'm still not hearing how you're "doing well".
- Kid: You know what, you're all about the money. That's all you care about--money. That's the only reason you're here trying to put me in rehab.
OH, YES. I'm all about THE MONEY. That's why I work with children, which pays less in any field than working with adults. I'm a greedy bitch, I am
But you know, I get a toaster for every kid I put in rehab.
Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
6. I'm feeling kind of doughy lately. Maybe it's a good thing that my dry cleaner lost my size 6 skirt. I don't know if it would fit right now. Still, I am pissed about that skirt. From now on, I check every ticket before I walk out when I drop stuff off.
|Found this looking for toaster images.|
How cool is this? I might put
someone in rehab for this.
4. So, just as soon as I pitched the hissy fit about my lost wallet, (#11) and dug out my passport to go buy ANOTHER driver's license, what do you think happened? I bent down at work to pick up a small bag from WalGreens taht was poking out from under my desk, and guess what was in it. That's right.