Friday, November 14, 2008

In which I devise a stupid-leg training plan


As much as it pains me to admit it it's alltogether possible that at least part of my leg pain has to do with the extra 12 pounds I put on in the interim before I started my new job. Regardless of all the causes and aggravations, it is getting better.


It's too dark to run in the mornings and at night right now (I'll do dark or cold, but I won't do dark AND cold) Whenever I try to run on the dreadmill I must be overstriding or something because I get instant pain in my tibia that I don't get when I trail run.


So we are slowly getting in the habit of getting to the gym a couple days a week, where I hit this: It's a new elliptical trainer with "variable stride geometry". Simply put, it means I have control over house deep/shallow, high/low, long/short my stride is. It works more of the leg muscles. It takes more work to do it, but once you get used to it it's a hell of a workout. I feel a lot of the work in my upper quads place muscle thingies, the ones that lift your leg up and down, but that's me.


Baboo and I have started a weekly post-work trail run in which we run near the house we just bought like a couple of stalkers. I wonder if they know it's us.

Mini-baboo asked if he would get to live in the new house, and I laughed and I laughed and I laughed and then he said, no, seriously. Will I?

Sooo, here's my workout for at least next week:
Mondays, off.
Tuesdays, Elliptical, 45 minutes.
Wednesdays, swim, noontime jog around the track in front of work??
Thursdays, Elliptical, 45 minutes.
Friday, short trail run
Saturday, 2 spin classes
Sunday, long slow run. I need to start working my mileage up again. I'll start this week with 8 miles on a flat trail and see how it goes.

HOLD ME ACCOUNTABLE for this. I keep planning my weeks but I never follow through.

Oh, and eat less candy, fried food, etc., blah, blah, blah.

...

2 comments:

  1. Wait, Wait,

    I missed "the house we just bought" announcement! They accepted your offer obviously.

    Congratulations!

    And good luck with your leg healing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo on the house!!!

    I am right there with you on the workouts.We will have a great 2009.

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing links to commercial websites from people with invisible profiles are deleted immediately. Spammers are immediately deleted.

Moved.

 I'm no longer involved in multisport or endurance sports. I've started my own business, a psychotherapist specializing in anxiety d...