1) DIET. Holding steady at 169/168. I fell off the wagon pretty hard over the holiday week. I've been trying to climb back on it, but it's pretty hard to climb up on a wagon when you weigh this much. Ba-DUM-pa.
|From the New Mexico Independent: |
...as of Tuesday, the
firm [Optum] had about 13,000 unprocessedhigh of more than
claims...down from a
GIVE. ME. MY. MONEY.
3) Book and Author Review. In addition to the watch I'm going to be reviewing, I'm also going to be interviewing the author of a book called, "Triziphrenia" which is his humorous look at becoming a triathlete. Stay tuned; when I finish finals next week I'll be devoting my time to the book and the interview.
4) VANITY. I ordered my first bifocals Tuesday, which means I'm old. Of course, they are progressives, which means I'm vain. When I get used to them, I'll get bifocal contacts. Which makes me even more vain. I don't care.
5) GRAD SCHOOL. Finals are this week. Can you just smell the nervousness? I can. oh, maybe that's just me. Never mind.
6) WORKOUT music. In my quest to stay motivated in my home workouts, I got ideas for workout songs on this website. Now this song is stuck in my head. Enjoy.
7) TONY HORTON'S Power 90. I've been doing this workout for a week now, in addition to my run training. It's about 30 minutes every day, and so far, I like it. I don't mind a bit of repetitiveness. I wear my Vibram Five Fingers, and I have a wooden floor, and that's my workout surface. There is a section called AbRipper 100 that makes me cry, which is probably a good thing. I'm going to do it for the rest of the month, and then transition over to P90X. These are not being tracked in the Daily Plate.
8) "Before" pictures. I told JWim that every time I do a "before" picture I end up quitting whatever program I'm on so I wasn't going to do one before starting the Tony Horton series.
Yeah. I'm going to put this in a holiday greeting card. It's just the worst picture that could have been taken on this particular day. I'm landing heavy, in mile 26 of a marathon I didn't train for in early September. I'm sweaty, and tired, and not at all enjoying myself. My posture is terrible because I'm so tired. There's the bright, overhead sun highlighting every flaw.
Oh, yes. This is definitely my "before" picture; epecially since I looked better just a few hours later.
9) WORK, PART 2. Nothing yet. I don't understand what is up with people not acknowledging phone calls, resumes and letters of interest, or even interviews, but it is apparently the new policy for administrators that employees are expendable peons, and you owe them nothing, and if they don't work for you, you owe them even less. I'm becoming pretty frustrated. I expect more, especially in education and behavioral health, which is supposed to be all about people!
DP (who doesn't blog any more but is very active on facebook) wasn't lying when she said "be prepared to answer a lot of questions when you wear those." It is quite the ice breaker! Be preparerd to explain why you're wearing them...what you do...why you'd do "that" to yourself (running long distances) and how they feel.
11) Smoke. SMOKE! As in, I have a wood stove, and people tell me I smell all good, "like winter". As in, I need to either shower more or we need to learn how to get the danged thing to draft properly, because me and all my clothes carry the fragrant smell of cedar and pinon smoke with me everywhere I go.
12) CONTEST: I think I'm going to have people email me directly about this. To enter, email me at:
13) TRIATHLON RELAY. Sunday I'm doing the swim as part of a team in a sprint triathlon in Rio Rancho. That's about as motivated as I am toward triathlon right now. I wonder if I'm a little burned out on it.