Monday, August 02, 2010

"What do you think of me now that I've told you that?"

You just told me about some dark thoughts--thoughts that all of us have thought about at one time or another--and you want to know what I think of you now.  You asked me that while ringing your hands.

What do I think of you now?  
  • I think middle school sucks.

  • I think kids are cruel.

  • I think everyone has dark thoughts, and thinking doesn't make you bad, acting on them does.

  • I think you're human.

  • I think you're too hard on yourself.

  • I think you are hurt, and lonely.

  • I think you're stuck in a hurt, lonely, hard-on-yourself place.
  • And I'm hoping we can help you back out.  

...

2 comments:

  1. You're an amazing therapist...great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is one little starfish that will get back in the ocean, and for that, this lover of starfish thanks you.

    I am a big sap, that loves the old cliche story of the Old man and the Starfish that is used all over teaching conferences. (I actually came across it the first time when I started doing animal rescue, and it resonates there as well.)

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing links to commercial websites from people with invisible profiles are deleted immediately. Spammers are immediately deleted.

Moved.

 I'm no longer involved in multisport or endurance sports. I've started my own business, a psychotherapist specializing in anxiety d...