12. 8, part 2. Wait, did I say size 8? I am. I ordered these and waited 2 terrifying weeks for them to arrive, convinced that this would be a humiliating trip back to the store, where I would have to trade them in for a larger size. It was not. They fit. Not just went on: fit.
The bridge runs along I40, crosses the Rio Grande, and descends from the west mesa gently to the valley, where there's a main bike/pedestrian path.
This path runs through the bosque, about 15 miles along the river through the middle of town. It runs north to south, from the Pueblo of Isleta bordering the city to the south, to the Pueblo of Sandia borderling it on the north end.
I can't tell you how awesome this thing is. It's about a mile from Starbucks down to the river.
Before this, I would have had to drive to another location about 5 miles away, and then still had to cross the river to access the bike path, not nearly as cool a trip, either. The pictures don't show it, but there are artsy arches over the bridge, with arty renderings of wildlife. I'll take my own pictures soon.
It is just absolutely the coolest thing. There were families walking up and down it. It's being used well already. Once down on the bosque, I ran another 7 miles, and then went back up the bridge to my car. This is about 5 minutes from work. Of course, it goes without saying: post run nonfat mocha.
*Sigh* I love living in Albuquerque. I can't wait to do these runs after work when the leaves on the cottonwoods start turning.
10. 70.4 September's run miles so far. Ish.
9. 778. Year total miles. Ish.
8. 18. I guess I was hoping that when the kids were grown some guy would show up with some sort of finisher's prize and say, congratulations, they're done. you don't have to worry about them any more.
Nope, no such luck. The worrying continues, without the daily aggravation of finding food in the couch.
7. 2? I wore a mole clean off my back. It's gone. What's left is a little scab. I think my hydration pack did it. I hope this doesn't have some sort of serious repercussion, like two growing back in its place.
6. 8, part 3. Okay, back to the size 8 thing. What's weird about it is that the last time I wore this size, I weighed much less. Like, 15 pounds less. I guess that's the whole muscle mass thing.
5. Anonymously, to my daughter: My opinion of tongue piercings is that once you no longer have the suffix "-teen" on your age, you're too old to do it. Exceptions might include people who pierce and tattoo for a living, musicians, and art majors still in college.
Meanwhile. If you're related to me by having been born from me, that's my opinion, so deal with it.
4. My boss bribed me to do some extra work. I let her. I let my boss bribe me to do my job. Yes, I did. I got a meal out of it. Last week I got chocolate.
3. 6:56. That's what time my plane leaves tomorrow morning for Sacrimento.
2. 31.0. That's how many miles I'll be running/hiking/walking on Saturday. Here's the course profile:
Now, see that really huge hill? At mile 19ish? That's called 'cardiac hill'. I turn around BEFORE that, at mile 15.5, and go back. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
It's rolling, gorgeous, and scenic. The entire course covers part of the Western States trail.
1. 100. Baboo does not, sorry to say, turn around. He keeps going. Because he's a