I don't mind blogging on my iPad, but it's hard to put in pictures.
13. Mama said there'd be days like this. She talked about how awesome menopause was, and how happy she was to be rid of "all that".
12. But she never said that menopause would make me so shiny. And damp.
11. She never told me about the tiny fan I'd park next to my keyboard. Or that I would become quite good at unobtrusively switching it on while talking to someone in my office. And then sixty seconds later, switching it off again.
10. Mom didn't tell me that I'd be waking up four or five times every night, shoveling sheets and covers onto poor Sweet Baboo, only to rip them back off him again 60 seconds later.
9. And the insane cravings for bread and cheese. Is that part of it? I don't know. But there it is. And it's keeping me from making race weight. If' it's not related to menopause, shhhhhh. Don't tell my ass that. Thing is, I bought a breadmaker. Ooo. This is bad. Very, very bad. I made rosemary bread, using rosemary that grows in my garden. And then put cheese on it. Brie, Colby, whatever. As long as its cheese. I wouldn’t look for that little weight indicator at the tope of my page to change soon.
8. She didn't live long enough to tell me I would be googling estrogen, progesterone, etc.
7. Due to the constant sweating and wiping of my forehead and brow, I have the skin I had as a teenager.
6. Sweet Baboo said it's all part of the mystery and joy of being a woman. Right before I considered throwing a shoe at him (I didn't). My sense of humor waxes and wanes these days. For the most part, I've settled into all this, but the sweating and panting makes it hard to do it with grace.
5. I was once worried about estrogen as a performance reducer. Not any more. I don’t think there’s much that can make me any slower.
4. The doc gave me two prescriptions for hormones: estrogen and progesterone. My cost for those prescriptions: about $8. $8 for one month. Do you KNOW how much I've been spending on Black Cohosh, Progestacare Plus (over-the-counter progesterone and estrogen cream) and Maca Root? I'll give you a hint: It's not $8. It's about 5x that much.
3. Day 2 of the hormones, and my hot flashes are coming once an hour instead of several times per hour. I slept better last night. It’s cheaper, it works-- Bah. Give me Western Medicine. Keep the hippie alternative thearpies.
2. This Sunday is the La Luz trail run. I’ve done this one before. My time last year was about 3:59 or so, I think. I’d like to beat that this year.
1. I’m pretty sure I’m going to pay another visit to Javelina Jundred this year. I’m planning to see if I can beat my blistering 18+ time for the 100K from 2010.
Dear Diary, This week marked the end of six years of tyrrany. A person in my life, who shall remain nameless, left town, never to retur...
Dear diary, is anyone out there? it doesn't take a genius to notice the rapid decline in the number of posts on this blog in the pas...
Ahhh. That crispness in the air. The blueness of the sky! Can you see it? Can you feel it?? IT'S MARATHON SEASON! So, my friend ...
Dear Diary, I'm sitting here, looking out the window. I did 3 miles this morning. Big whoop. After recovering from CDiff last month...