Sunday, October 23, 2005

Duke City Marathon, and a cool new T-shirt.

Today I did a 5K at the Duke City Marathon. Not ready for that, or the half marathon yet, (I tested myself last week; trust me, I'm not ready) but it's my new goal for next year. I ran pretty well, slightly less appallingly slow. Husband did the half-marathon. That and the marathon course go down by the Bosque, which is where this picture is taken (This picture is also on the Long-sleeved T-shirt. Cool.) The 5K went up 2nd, down Central, and then down Laguna through one of Albuquerque's oldes and prettiest neighborhoods. It was all to benefit the New Mexico Cancer Center.

A big STICK to all the local down town businesses who were happy enough to open and rake in all the extra money on a Sunday morning, when down town is usually dead, but then closed their bathrooms to Marathoners. This includes the down town Hyatt, who not only locked their bathrooms but posted a guard outside to shake her head at us. I'll remember this when making recommendations to out of town guests.

Next up: The Great Pumpkin Chase. I may wear a costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments containing links to commercial websites from people with invisible profiles are deleted immediately. Spammers are immediately deleted.

Moved.

 I'm no longer involved in multisport or endurance sports. I've started my own business, a psychotherapist specializing in anxiety d...