- I with people would stop looking at my tattoo and asking me if I'm a Broncos fan.
- I wish companies that sold women's athletic wear would use women models with some muscle tone. Seriously. I think I could take most of them, and I'm not that strong.
- I wish I liked my belly.
- I wish my left big toenail would grow back. I want to go get a pedicure, but I'm too self-conscious right now.
- I wish I didn't like mayonaise so much. Or fried food.
- I wish they let us on Facebook at work. "Misty is missing the daily deluge of people talking about themselves in the third person."
- I wish Rio Rancho Public Schools would get a clue about how badly they treat their teaching staff.
- I wish my two older children could put the drama in their personal lives to rest.
- I wish everyone could put their drama to rest. Seriously. Life is short, I've learned this since losing both of my parents. The stuff you think matters really doesn't matter in the greater scheme of things.
- I wish all athletic events had plenty of nice, cold water and well-marked courses.
- I wish my mother-in-law a pleasant and relaxing retirement. She's earned it.
- I wish everyone could spend the holidays around people they love and respect who respect and love them back. Friends and clients have shared with me how they dread the holidays. They're your holidays. Don't feel obligated to suffer just because it's "tradition."
- I wish my sister would go back to the gym, and dedicate some time to taking care of herself, now that her daughter is about to graduate and go off to college.
- I wish people would stop being so paranoid about President Obama. He's not coming to take away your gun.
- I wish for my youngest son, who is in the Delayed Enlistment Program for the Navy and about to graduate from high school a wonderful life and all the opportunities afforded to a young man.
I wish everyone would have a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanuka, and Wonderful New Year full of swimming, running, and biking, walking, snoe-shoeing, and skiing.
- A Holiday Haiku:
Too cold for running
Guess I'll sit inside and eat
Yeah. That will fix me.