- I ran 88 miles in August, 100 miles in September, and 80 so far in October.
- I'm not injured (last year I had shin splints)
- I've got a working iPod. I've even got a backup iPod.
- I've got my injinjis and pink leopard gaiters.
- My hair is finally long enough to put into two, two-inch razzy-spazzy little pony tails.
Hell yes, I'm ready. What else do I need? Oh, I mean other than athleticism. SERIOUSLY.
Joining me on this quest--well not joining me but also doing this race--is DreadPirate, Sweet Baboo, and a host of buddies who don't have blogs. It's supposed to be really nice this weekend.
My goal: To beat last year's time of 8:25:51, even if it's by seconds. I would be happy with, say, 8:25:49. My only other 50K run was 8:26:55, so I'd like to PR on this trail. I'll go as far as telling you that my FANTASY goal is coming in under 8 hours. yep. that's a fantasy, alright! Reality is somewhere between, right?
Happy Trails, y'all. See you Saturday night!