13. Okay, it's ridiculous, but Friday evening I actually sat out in the cool, still dusk, next to the pond himself built for us (trickling water, etc) and started typing this week's entry on my iPad.
Later that week, Sweet Baboo and I figured out how to play scrabble by networking our iPads.Turns out, Scrabble is way more fun when you aren't picking the tiles up after they fall off the holder.
12. I had a serious attack of lazies at work last week. I think it started when I read about the toddler being thrown out the upper floor window by her mother during a police raid and suffering irreparable brain damage. There's not a lot of things that freak me out these days, but oh yes, that one did it.
Later that week, I interviewed a 11-year-old boy who wants to die.
Yep, time for a day off.
|You would not believe how long it took to get this shot.|
10. I went for a nice short trail run Thursday, mostly an hike. My back is still a little tweaked. My legs still have bricks tied to them. I did a shorter run Saturday, and then Tuesday, Baboo and I did a short (4.3 mile) run together.
9. I did the "women in training" saturday. Daughter has completely checked out and stopped working out. Then wanted to know if I would take her to buy her sports clothing, and I said that this is for, you know, for people who do sports. Sitting around on the internet at the library all day is not a sport.
8. Sunday, I continued collecting groupons for things to do while himself is gone during the month of July. I think it's safe to say, I will be occupied. Bored and lonely a bit, but occupied. Then Sweet Baboo informed me that he won't be going in July after all. Yay! And I get to keep all the groupons. they're all for girlie things, like facials, pedicures, and yoga. But the best thing is that himself and I will get to start our salsa dancing lessons.
7. Today, I go in to nail down the exact rotations that I'll be doing for my internship at the VA. More on this later.
6. Blogger now has a way to email your entries into blogger. I'm playing with it. Ostensibly, you can do it with images as well.
|You can just feel the health.|
4. After weeks of fiddling with crappy iPad blog editors, i experimented with Dragon, which I'm going to use to transcribe notes. Its a bit unweildy for casual writing just now.
Then I was told about Blogsy by Melissa. I'm still learning it. I'm very stubborn about reading directions when it comes to computer stuff. Stubborn and grandiose. All other things, I'll read the instructions. Not so with computer stuff. Then when I can't intuit it, I'm annoyed.
3. It turns out that when you are waiting out the window during which the repair people are supposed to arrive, you have plenty of time to work on your blog.
I also can't wait to get rid of all this grass. It's ridiculous. Who grows grass in the desert? I'm taking suggestions on how to dispose of it quickly so that I can replace it with xerics this year. I must do this THIS YEAR. I do not want to spend another summer fucking with sprinkler systems and oh yes, she swore.. because when it comes to sprinkler systems, I can definitely be very unladylike.
The problem is that the grass is 30 years old and has a thick, deep thatch. I shudder to think that I will have to dig it all out.
Maybe there's a Groupon for that.
1. This Saturday I am doing a sprint triathlon down in Ft. Sumner, New Mexico. Oh, my, well there are just so many reasons that this will go badly that I can't even count, but here are a few:
- I haven't been on a bike more than three times in the past year.
- My wetsuit is new and has never been worn.
- I have swum, let's see, once in the past year.
- It's going to be hot, hot, hot.
- I'm somewhat disinclined to ride a bike, anyway.