Miscellaneous stuff. I tried to shorten this, to no avail.
2) the other thing is the panhandlers at the nearest grocery story. Hey, BEARDY. I'm not a SUCKER.
3) Mini-baboo is here for one last week before boot camp (4 days to go) and I've already reverted to "crazy insane Mom". I can't find my keys, and I'm slamming kitching implements on the counter top as I screetch why is there lettuce all over the counter, when I haven't eaten any today? And what happened to all the bread? I refuse to do any housework or visit the grocery store until he's gone. What's the point?
4) In my self-imposed experiment of how-far-can-I-go-before-getting-my-roots-touched-up I have determined that tomorrow is at least one week too long. oh, Don't look at me...I'm hideous...
5) Along my commute there is a BIKE BOULEVARD, and it is awesome. Speed limit for cars is 18 mph, and you feel all empowered and stuff, staring drivers down. YOU WILL YIELD TO ME. YOU WILL. YOU MUST!
6) My automatic cat feeder is the shiz. The cats, up to an hour before a scheduled feeding, will all be standing or lying down, facing the machine. I think they've formed a religion. The machine will give you food, if you only pray hard enough. If not, then you haven't prayed hard enough or you were wicked. Hey, Whitney! Quit licking yourself and pray!
7) For the first time in my life, I'm mostly kinda sorta sticking to a training plan.
8) My tubular blew on a training ride last week, and I changed it myself MYSELF all by myself. A guy offered to help and I was all, no, I have to do this myself.
9) My thyroid thing: I guess I'm one of the 'sensitive' ones that can't eat or take vitamins within 4 hours of taking my meds, and I've had to give up soy every day. My lattes are made from almond milk now.
10) Not having my 2-cup soy latte every morning means my body was bursting into flames every couple hours. I solved this by taking black cohosh every day.
11) We found a new bike mechanic. He was recommended by three of our friends, and his shop/house is--get this--1/5 of a mile from our house.
12) My increased training means, of course, insane hunger has returned.
13) I'm not sure I'm in good enough shape to finish the Valles Caldera Marathon (8-hour cutoff) in 2 days.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants