Thursday, November 26, 2009
Thanksgiving Thirteen: In no particular order.
2) My health. It's true; I'm turning into the pill queen. But it could be much, much worse.
3) My Sweet Baboo.
4) My children. They've all turned out pretty well, and they still like me.
5) My inlaws. Given the lack of family I currently have, my inlaws are the best family I could have. They are nice, normal people. I've heard some inlaw horror stories. I have nothing to contribute.
6) My feet. They've taken me a long way. In all the crazy things I've done, I've gotten a blister on maybe 2 occasions, and it was a tiny blister at the tip of my toe that I didn't know was there until after I was done.
Nary a stress fracture nor problem.
7) My hair. Very little gray. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
8) My sanity. I've withstood a lot of experiences that I'm grateful only to put behind me.
9) My mind. I'm grateful that at any time I can decide to go to school and find it an easy endeavor.
10) My knees. Fingers crossed, they're hanging in there.
11) My hips. Ditto.
12) Our little house in the hills.
13) Crackling fires of cedar and pinon.
I'm sitting here, looking out the window. I did 3 miles this morning. Big whoop. After recovering from CDiff last month, I got a cold...
Ahhh. That crispness in the air. The blueness of the sky! Can you see it? Can you feel it?? IT'S MARATHON SEASON! So, my friend ...
Dear diary, is anyone out there? it doesn't take a genius to notice the rapid decline in the number of posts on this blog in the pas...
Even though I was in awful shape in 2016 I was still stubborn and foohardy...so I spent a year running down whatever fitness base I had left...