Wednesday, January 06, 2010

DUDE. Like, totally, a Thursday Thirteen.

13.  OMG.  Dude.  I so love my job.  Did I say that already?  I SO LOVE MY JOB.  DP said to me the other day, Dude, you totally get to judge people and get paid for it!!  Okay.  So, a little.  It's not judging though. It's using DSM Diagnostic criteria to formulate treatment plans.  
Potato. Potahto.  Whatever.  You decide.

12 . Oh, and they like me too.  And apparently, so does the state agency that runs medicaid, who audited some of the first couple assessments I did.  DUDE.

11.  I started running a few days a week with Sweet Baboo.  He lets me set the pace, and then he matches it.  Inexplicably, I go faster than I would alone.  Go figure.  It's fun.  Everyone should have their very own Sweet Baboo.  (But get your own)

10. ...because Sweet Baboo, the world's greatest Baboo, has stepped up and without being asked started taking over part of the stuff around the house that I used to take care of when I was either 1) teaching, or 2) unemployed.  Like, I don't even have to say something.  He just does it.  DUDE.

9.  I. Am. Not. Fat.  Why did I think I was?  And why the hell do I have to like myself first to then like the image in the mirror?  i am heavy. but not fat.  Where is all that weight?

8.  Just once a week I miss a morning workout.  I go to sleep too late, and one of my new rules is that I MUST get 8 hours of sleep.  it helps me feel good,  and alert, and like myself.

7.  Next week, school starts.  Yikes.  Dude.  9 hours of social work school: 3 hours a night after work on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.  Parenting skills training on Wednesday nights after work.  When will I run?  When will I do ANYTHING?

6. OMG.  The Ghost Town 38.5 is in 2 weeks.  No, wait.  LESS than 2 weeks.  Oh, CRAP!

5.  RU Sick of hearing how much I love my job?  okay, I'll talk about something else.  How about this: I AM SO SICK OF WINTER.  SERIOUSLY.  I mean, there's all this hype leading up to the holidays, which are essentially very beginning of winter.  After that, you're just left with about 23 hours of darkness every day for the next two months.  oh, and ICE everywhere.  WHAT. THE.  HELL.
Have I always cared this much about how little time there is to run?  Have I minded this much?
oH, YES.  I am definitely tired of winter.  As in, WINTER SUCKS.

4.  I think what I really need to do is find a good winter sport.  Then I'll have a reason to look forward to winter.  Right?  So I like, need to find something that is fun to do when the outside turns to COLD DARK DEATH.  


Anyway.  


3.  A guy I work with, a clinical director, says that he found the new movie Where the Wild Things Are, and I quote, Disturbing.  
Now, this book was read to me.
I read this book to my kids.
It has 9 (nine) sentences in it.
A behavioral health practitioner finds it "Disturbing".  His words: There's a whole lotta axis II stuff going on.  If you don't know what that means, I'm forcing you into Wikipedia land.  (Oh, it's it's not about the Apache server.)

Meanwhile.  Oh, yes.  It is SO going on my Netflix Queue.

2. I'm so digging the "BONES" series.  I could be Temperance.

1.  I may not be in the best shape for Ghost Town.  but I'll sure be ready for Old Pueblo.

St. John's, on the other hand...well, we'll see.  I'm considering bagging it, but I know that if I say that, I might be an email from DP.  I can just see it now....Subject: GAAAAAA!!

11 comments:

  1. When you see "Where the Wild Things Are" can you comment more on your thoughts on his Axis II theory/diagnosis? I did not take any psych classes but find myself intrigued by the science now. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Axis II indeed! (Where the Wild Things Are is quite a departure from the book.)

    I think it's GREAT that you are enjoying your job so much.

    And Baboo rocks. But you knew that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:41 AM

    "i am heavy. but not fat. Where is all that weight?"

    I'm copying this. I'm stealing this mindset and quote from you. Just thought you should know.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Bones" is the only "new" TV show we watch.

    I dislike my fat but I like me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! "Axis 2" will be a *much* better insult than "Tard." I can't wait to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the reference to Axis II...good one! I read the book as a child and saw the previews for the movie. It does look...um...different! I'm gonna have to rent it myself...

    ReplyDelete
  7. The movie was really dark when it got down to it, but I am not sure I would call it disturbing. Of course, I am not trained in these arts...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally cosign #5 and #8. My sleeping sucks these days. And I'm so tired of feeling like I live in an igloo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year! And good luck with training and races in 2010. So glad you got a job you love. Between that and decent health, you're in good shape.

    How is the hypothyroid issue coming along? I think I might have brought that on myself briefly last summer when I upped the mileage too fast. (didn't last long b/c I got injured -I'm still struggling with the evil insidious plantar fasciitis). One thing good about the on again off again training is that you get a chance to heal, and that's a good thing!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  10. YOU CAN NOT DITCH ME AT ST GEORGE.

    it's not allowed. you're coming, and that's that. Get training.

    love,

    dpr

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thyroid issue is well. I've given up on returning to pre-thyroid weight. I feel pretty good, so maybe that's what really matters.

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing links to commercial websites from people with invisible profiles are deleted immediately. Spammers are immediately deleted.

Moved.

 I'm no longer involved in multisport or endurance sports. I've started my own business, a psychotherapist specializing in anxiety d...