13. OMG. Dude. I so love my job. Did I say that already? I SO LOVE MY JOB. DP said to me the other day, Dude, you totally get to judge people and get paid for it!! Okay. So, a little. It's not judging though. It's using DSM Diagnostic criteria to formulate treatment plans.
Potato. Potahto. Whatever. You decide.
12 . Oh, and they like me too. And apparently, so does the state agency that runs medicaid, who audited some of the first couple assessments I did. DUDE.
11. I started running a few days a week with Sweet Baboo. He lets me set the pace, and then he matches it. Inexplicably, I go faster than I would alone. Go figure. It's fun. Everyone should have their very own Sweet Baboo. (But get your own)
10. ...because Sweet Baboo, the world's greatest Baboo, has stepped up and without being asked started taking over part of the stuff around the house that I used to take care of when I was either 1) teaching, or 2) unemployed. Like, I don't even have to say something. He just does it. DUDE.
9. I. Am. Not. Fat. Why did I think I was? And why the hell do I have to like myself first to then like the image in the mirror? i am heavy. but not fat. Where is all that weight?
8. Just once a week I miss a morning workout. I go to sleep too late, and one of my new rules is that I MUST get 8 hours of sleep. it helps me feel good, and alert, and like myself.
7. Next week, school starts. Yikes. Dude. 9 hours of social work school: 3 hours a night after work on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Parenting skills training on Wednesday nights after work. When will I run? When will I do ANYTHING?
6. OMG. The Ghost Town 38.5 is in 2 weeks. No, wait. LESS than 2 weeks. Oh, CRAP!
5. RU Sick of hearing how much I love my job? okay, I'll talk about something else. How about this: I AM SO SICK OF WINTER. SERIOUSLY. I mean, there's all this hype leading up to the holidays, which are essentially very beginning of winter. After that, you're just left with about 23 hours of darkness every day for the next two months. oh, and ICE everywhere. WHAT. THE. HELL.
Have I always cared this much about how little time there is to run? Have I minded this much?
oH, YES. I am definitely tired of winter. As in, WINTER SUCKS.
4. I think what I really need to do is find a good winter sport. Then I'll have a reason to look forward to winter. Right? So I like, need to find something that is fun to do when the outside turns to COLD DARK DEATH.
3. A guy I work with, a clinical director, says that he found the new movie Where the Wild Things Are, and I quote, Disturbing.
Now, this book was read to me.
I read this book to my kids.
It has 9 (nine) sentences in it.
A behavioral health practitioner finds it "Disturbing". His words: There's a whole lotta axis II stuff going on. If you don't know what that means, I'm forcing you into Wikipedia land. (Oh, it's it's not about the Apache server.)
Meanwhile. Oh, yes. It is SO going on my Netflix Queue.
2. I'm so digging the "BONES" series. I could be Temperance.
1. I may not be in the best shape for Ghost Town. but I'll sure be ready for Old Pueblo.
St. John's, on the other hand...well, we'll see. I'm considering bagging it, but I know that if I say that, I might be an email from DP. I can just see it now....Subject: GAAAAAA!!
Even though I was in awful shape in 2016 I was still stubborn and foohardy...so I spent a year running down whatever fitness base I had left...
Dear Diary, It's 5 am and the wind is still. Fucking. Blowing. I'm not talking about a breeze rustling through the trees. We live...
Dear Diary, This month I learned stuff from doctors. Good stuff. Stuff I didn't know, and was surprised to learn. That doesn't...
Dear Diary, A rep from Free Country wrote me and offered to send me a swim suit if I would review it for my blog. Say it with me now: ...