Saturday, January 23, 2010

NEXT UP: How I'll celebrate (or try to) my 45th

http://www.oldpueblo50.com/




WHAT: A challenging 50 mile loop course on forest service roads
WHERE: Trails through the southeastern part of the Santa Rita Mountains (part of the Arizona Trail).

  • Elevation at Kentucky Camp (Start/Finish): 5142 ft
  • Low point in course: 4031 ft, High point in course: 5847 ft
  • Avg. grade is 6% with 7,000 ft climb and 7,000 ft of descent over the 50 miles


We are bunking with FeLady for this trip.  She is kind enough to offer us a bed, in exchange for which I will regale her with stories and get her all liquored up with chocolate wine.
Threr is a CUTOFF for this one that has me in a bit of a panic. I have 15 hours to cover 50 miles of trail; given that my best 50k is 8 hours that should be quite a neat trick.
RACE STARTS: At 6 am.
First cutoff: mile 13, 4 hours
mile 19, 6 hours
mile 25, 7 hours
mile 40, 12 hours
mile 46, 13-1/2 hours
Finish line, 15 hours.






....


5 comments:

  1. ok- where's my fancy LINK? :-)
    Never mind- I hardly blog anymore anywho.
    Their map link doesn't work...
    I am trying to find out just where in heck this is going to be held!
    Should be pretty! (Wildflowers!)
    Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you go to their website they have a map link that works, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait... is that right? If the 19 mile cut off is 6 hours, and you squeak by, you then have to get through 6 miles in an hour to make the 25 mile cut off? That right there is a gauntlet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what I meant-it doesn't work on the Old Pueblo 50 site-!
    (At least on MY computer it doesn't !)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks tough...but you're tough, it'll be fine! I noticed the 40 to 46 mile cutoff - you get an hour and a half for 6 miles after you've already run 40? Ouch.

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing links to commercial websites from people with invisible profiles are deleted immediately. Spammers are immediately deleted.

Moved.

 I'm no longer involved in multisport or endurance sports. I've started my own business, a psychotherapist specializing in anxiety d...