13. Everyone has made such nice comments on my pictures from last week. And I would also like to add that I didn't photoshop a single one, like I usually do.
- I can't commit your son to a mental hospital just because you tell me to. I have to at least meet him.
- Well, how long was the blade on the knife?
- I can't "make" the insurance company agree to pay for this.
- Do you have a ballpark idea of how many times you've been suspended?
- You know, some children find it traumatizing to live in a homeless shelter.
10. Current weight: 156.
9. I went in the hike this past weekend with SweetFace. We got some good mom/son time in. Here was the route, which went to the highest peak in the area:
8. My trek up and down Sandia via the La Luz trail has taught me that if I ever want to do the La Luz trail run, I'll need to start training early in the year, because, damn, that was hard! I was all gasping and panting at the top. The downhill was easier, but I ran out of water a few miles from the bottom.
7. I never know how to put stuff like that into WeightWatchers under exercise. I don't think just "hiking" covers it when you climb nearly 4000 feet in 4 hours. I always have to put it in as part jogging, part hiking, and part stair-climbing. I do so love my Sunday long workouts, though: they provide me extra WW points to burn throughout the week. Yeah, I know. I'm a sucker for a token economy.
6. Today is my tenth wedding anniversary.
Last year, I posted a song that pretty much sums up how I feel.
Ten years ago today, Baboo says I looked very very nervous. I was nervous. I was about to walk the aisle, and not for the first time, either.
What if he was only pretending to be nice?
What if he became a big giant deuchebag right after I said "I do"?
I love how he grits his teeth and looks very intense when he's doing mundane things, like tying his shoes. He makes everything in my life better just by being in my life.
Three years ago, I made a post about my 7th wedding anniversary, and what I said then still holds true today:
In the past ten years, I've proven that anything's possible. I can run up a mountain. I can swim across a lake. I can cross 50 miles on my own two feet. I can live happily ever after. Me.
Oh wait, did I say it yet? SIZE 10. That is just one size larger than what I wore when I graduated from high school. I'll take it.
4. I treated myself this week to an old friend: Nong Shim Bowl Noodle. This stuff is like crack for me. I can't keep it in the house. Just knowing it's there, I must have it. something like, 7 or 8 points for one of these.
3. I'm enjoying having a dog in the house now. I'm in serious danger of becoming a dog person.
Chloe's personality has changed a bit now that she's an only dog. She's rambunctious, but less naughty. I let her on the couch. I shouldn't do that, but Baboo does so, what the hell. They're his couches from before we met, kind of in rough shape. When we get new ones, though, some day: No way I'm letting her up on the couch.
Okay, maybe I will.
Yeah, I probably will.
2. Yesterday, I went to the mental health unit of a juvenile justice center to assess a kid. While there, I had a brief meeting with an examining psychologist, and couldn't help notice that the report he'd signed off on what authored by someone with my credentials. So at the end of the meeting, I siad, "so, one more question: how does one get a job like this?" Bold, I know. But I love doing this work. I'd like to keep doing it, and working for the juvie place would be a state job, better pay. More on this as it develops.
1. Today, and tomorrow, I'm taking a vacation day. I'm going for a run first thing. Then--who knows? I hear that sometimes on vacation, people don't even schedule things. They just do what comes up. Sounds like fun. I thought I'd try it.