I know I did a 13.1 mile trail run yesterday, but I had to HAD TO sign up for this 10K today. It was in the city, and it was flat, and the course was a bit boring, but I had an agenda.
Today, I wanted to see how my flat 10K run would be.
- I was tired.
- It was in the evening (7:00 pm)
- We'd just driven back from Pagosa Springs, after sleeping badly on an unfamiliar hotel bed
- I'd just done a crap-hard 13.1 mile trail run.
- It was 99 degrees at the start, and slightly cooled off when some clouds rolled in, but not by much.
- There was free ice cream in the park after.
- And pizza.
Thus I present: The Chunky Monkey 10K, an annual event in Albuquerque.
So, I took off. I saw a few familiar faces, and OH MY GOSH you know how hard it is to hold back? To tell yourself "just wait...just wait...you'll pass her...don't blow out" and I did. Baboo ran next to me (It was a recovery run or some such nonsense for MR. Thing, who ran 31 miles yesterday and had a badly blistered heel)
I finished, with a new PR: 1:06:34. Then I had ice cream. And pizza. Then, the skies opened up and deluged, and we sprinted to the car, and headed home,
I'm pretty sure I'm going to sleep tonight. :-b
So how was your weekend?