Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Trying to lose weight on the Internet

Here's an interesting image I found on the Internet. A lot of my pictures I get by going to images.google.com and typing in "fat".
This represents the fat that Americans consume, and how they consume it, and how that's changed over time.
I was watching the French revolution on the history channel, which was so interesting I almost forgot to leave an entry. I may not do them daily after today, as I'll be going back to my insane schedule of teaching full time and taking 5 classes--four at Highlands and 1 at UNM. I did want to leave the web address where I got a little program that calculates WeightWatcher points; all you have to do is type in calories, fat, and fiber, which you can get from Calorie King. Today, I ate 22 units. I tried "diet power" program, but I hate it. I love "life form" which is really easy to use, doesn't nag you or make you answer a million questions when you enter your info, and keeps track of your intake. It's at http://www.lifeform.com. You can download an evaluation copy.

OK. So, why do I want to lose weight? Lots of reasons. I have nicer clothes that don't fit. I hate the way my body feels when I run, especially down stairs (yuck). I hate the way I accidentally bump into things and people, because I've misjudged how much space I take up. I'm turning 40 soon, and I want to be 40, fit, and fabulous; not 40, fat, and flabby. Take your pick.After today, I'm going to write once a week, on Thursdays.

The latte's I drink everyday, they are made with the Silk calcium + iron fortified soymilk that my husband and I get at Cosco, espresso, and sugarless vanilla syrup or a packet of Splenda. Hubby has a quad. Of course, he gets 30 points a day. I only get 24. It's as it should be; he's 8 inches taller than I am. He uses his flex points on popcorn, which he loves. I try not to use mine, although I might bend a little on some great veggie pepperoni stuff that tastes just like summer sausage. I swear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments containing links to commercial websites from people with invisible profiles are deleted immediately. Spammers are immediately deleted.

Moved.

 I'm no longer involved in multisport or endurance sports. I've started my own business, a psychotherapist specializing in anxiety d...