Saturday, August 27, 2005

2 More Weeks to go.

Let me just say that first of all, a HUGE thank you to the link to the webstie for "Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster" website provided to me by VA Vegan is the best laugh I've had all week. I'm going to get a T-shirt, I think, and wear it on the next jeans' day. After all, we take ourselves wayyyy to seriously sometimes. Me included.

THE Cotton Country Tri. 2 weeks to go. I'm still slooowwww. I can't tell you how slow I am; you woudn't appreciate it. But I'm moving, doggon it; I'm moving. I will finish. My time might be about 2 hours but I WILL FINISH. "As dog is my witless!" (That's an obscure reference to Angelica from the Rug Rats)

Let me furthermore say that I LOOOOVVVEEED DC because there's lots of food there. Mmmmm. I love food, hence my entry in the ATHENA division. I'm also a strict Veggie, which means I especially love well-prepared Vegan dishes. I recommend Chipolte's, Sunshine Garden in China Town, and some little East Indian restaurant whose name I forget and have to look up. I could live there, I think, albeit briefly; I WAS warned in advance about the HUMIDITY, but you don't appreciate or quite understand humidity until you're actually IN it. After we arrived home (after a brief layover in Houston, humidity=88%) our clothes were still sticky and damp. Ugh. I'm very spoiled.

Lastly, Running. I never though I'd like it so much. I had a day this week where I was out and out CRANKY, then I realized that with the trip and such I hadn't run in several days. I went and ran about 3 miles, boom, no more cranky. If you had told me last year I'd love running this much I'd have told you that you're out of your mind. No, I'd have said you're out of your F*&%ing mind.
Very busy week, what with classes, (teaching and taking) and counseling. Finally Friday I took off after teaching my last class and went to the audiologist and then for a nice, leisurely swim. Then I went to the Clinique counter and had my face played with and painted on. Then I meandered home and made some lovely Aloo Gobi. A very nice way to end the week, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments containing links to commercial websites from people with invisible profiles are deleted immediately. Spammers are immediately deleted.

Moved.

 I'm no longer involved in multisport or endurance sports. I've started my own business, a psychotherapist specializing in anxiety d...