Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Finally. An excuse for more sugar and caffeine.

Like I needed one.

Coca-Cola and PepsiCo, will introduce new carbonated drinks that are fortified with vitamins and minerals: Diet Coke Plus and Tava, which is PepsiCo’s new offering.

I can't help but wonder if this is, partially, a response to the latest legislation that is occuring in some states to ban soft drinks in school vending machines. In our state, for instance, Governor Bill Richardson enacted a ban against certain softdrinks being sold in elementary and middle schools. I've already noticed a decrease in headaches among my students.


Pretty soon we'll be seeing people carrying their 52-ounce xtreme gulp mugs saying, "but it's healthy!"
Personally, I'm not a cola or even, for the most part, a carbonated drink fan. But if they ever come out with vitamin-fortified caffeinated Hawaiin punch, I'm all over that baby.

3 comments:

  1. What's next? Vitamin-fortified water? Oh, wait, we already have that...

    Another one that mystifies me is sugar-free energy drink. Uh.... so where does the energy come from? Caffeine, I guess, and the ubiquitous vitamins and minerals...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ewwww!
    Thanks for the advice about the tri-suit. I have bought one & will try it out in 2 weeks!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just never understood the cola thing, but I think I'm addicted to fizzy water. If they put vitamins in my fizzy, then I could justify the enormous amount we buy!

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing links to commercial websites from people with invisible profiles are deleted immediately. Spammers are immediately deleted.

Moved.

 I'm no longer involved in multisport or endurance sports. I've started my own business, a psychotherapist specializing in anxiety d...