Saturday, March 31, 2007

Niche Markets

I got my periodic mailing from Zombie Runner and saw that there's a new electrolyte kid on the block to compete with Nuun. I've gotten quite fond of Nuun in my long run training; it's this little effervenscant (sp?) tablet that you drop in 20 ounces (or so) of water. You get a light taste (3 flavors), no sugars, and lots of electrolyte goodness. Nuun, I will tell you, is also a sponsor of the New Mexico Outlaws. I went to the Zym website to investigate.

Zym has fewer electrolytes than Nuun and it's more expensive. I noted that in their "comparison" page, they compared themselves to standard sports drinks and didn't even mention the existance of Nuun.

Zym, you're a wanna be. You'll never convince me to leave our precious, beloved Nuun. NEVAH!

2 comments:

  1. I used a couple tablets thursday and liked it a whole lot more than the last time I tried it...I may be a future fan...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as things heat up, I'll be downing the Nuun. If it's good enough for Desiree Ficker.....

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing links to commercial websites from people with invisible profiles are deleted immediately. Spammers are immediately deleted.

Moved.

 I'm no longer involved in multisport or endurance sports. I've started my own business, a psychotherapist specializing in anxiety d...