Currenly, I'm in Moulton, Alabama ready to run the Black Warrior 50K tomorrow morning. Here is what I've laid ou out, based on my training and the prediction of "misty" conditions in the morning with low in the mid/upper 30s and a high in the low/mid 50s (F):
- Race ready long-course shorts, worn over brooks' running tights.
- Brooks' Adrenylin 4 trail running shoes with REI gaiters attached
- (what else?) insanely sexy Injinji crew-length socks.
- Brooks vapor-dry hoodie with built-in mitties and media pocket.
- LS wicking T-shirt
- Moving comfort Maia bra.
- Garmin heart-strap and wrist computer.
- Ear-warmer head band, with built in headphones.
The morning pre-race meat will be 3-4 servings of quaker "oatmeal to go" squares, for a total of about 1000 calories, and some gatorade to wash it down with.
Tonight's meal: A pizza. Medium. Veggie-lovers, from Pizza hut, and some leftover Valentine's candy from Kmart. (Hey, I'll be burning between 3500 and 4000 calories during tomorrow's 31-mile trek through the Black Warrior Forrest. Just LEt it GO.)
More tomorrow, friends. Time to don the breathe-right strip and my own special pre-race dose of benedryl and valarian and zonk out. Toodles!