- They have a half iron distance at the same time, which is spouse/friend/beginner friendly for those not ready to do a full.
- It's FLAT. The bike starts at an atitude of 7 feet above sea level, and tops out around 38 feet, I think.
- The swim is in salt water, in a protected inlet. It's a downhill swim, too: the tide will be pushing the swimmers on the point-to-point. Beach start.
- Did I say it was flat? It is. Not perfectly, but I don't be climbing any big-assed hills like I did at Kentucky and Idaho.
- Cheaper than an MDOT race.
- Water temperature will be 68-72 degrees. Wetsuit legal, but not f-f-f-f-freezing.
- Did I say it was flat?
- I've never been to North Carolina, and this counts as another marathon for the 50 states club. Woohoo!
- No passport required.
- Might get to meet some of my peeps from the EAST COAST SAY-EEEEED!
CONS: Help me out here, cause I can't think of any.
IN OTHER NEWS.
I ran today. Trail run, about 6 miles. Lots of huffing and puffing from 7000 to 7800 feet and it was glorious and fabulous and I'm going to take it easy and only do trail running but I'M BACK, BABY, AND I'M LOVIN' EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!!
1 week to the Palo Duro 50K...