1) iPod rules. There. I said it. I hate All Things Apple, but I love the iPod. Or as DP calls it, the Precious.
2) It really is all about the bike.
3) The foam roller works.
4) When you Google me, you see a couple pictures of me, but also pictures of horses. And sometimes, strippers.
5) I should have listened to my mother way, way back in 1983. And 1987. And, probably, 1994. I'm not telling why.
6) I know where there's a bag of potato chips hidden right at this moment. They are not baked.
7) My pager battery has been dead for several weeks. I know this, and I haven't replaced it.
8) I've discovered recently that I'm actually pretty nervous before endurance events. Terrified, actually. It just doesn't look that way. It looks a lot like, laziness. I'm secretly pleased when things are called on account of rain, and the more terrified I am, the lazier I look.
9) I frequently change the time on my posts to mask the fact that I clearly wrote them when I should be working or sleeping.
10) I haven't sent out Christmas cards out since 2001.
11) Britney Spears' CIRCUS was released November 28th. It was in my iTunes library November 13th.
12) The skirt I'm wearing today is a size 14.
13) I have a southern accent that is largely extinct due to my efforts, but I will use in a completely mercenary manner.
14) I can, on occasion, be quite catty.
15) Because of this article I have purchased a large mesh strainer and a USB cord. I am just that combination of geek, lazy, and cheap.
16) I will eat stuff that falls on my kitchen floor. And I have cats.
17) There are three words that I have to lookup no matter how many times my word processor tells me they are misspelled: maintenance, embarrass, and license. I used to misspell conscience all the time until I saw the movie, "As Good As It Gets."
18) I still watch SouthPark. My excuse that I teach teenagers having disappeared, the truth is, I still watch it.
Even though I was in awful shape in 2016 I was still stubborn and foohardy...so I spent a year running down whatever fitness base I had left...
Dear Diary, It's 5 am and the wind is still. Fucking. Blowing. I'm not talking about a breeze rustling through the trees. We live...
Dear Diary, This month I learned stuff from doctors. Good stuff. Stuff I didn't know, and was surprised to learn. That doesn't...
Dear Diary, A rep from Free Country wrote me and offered to send me a swim suit if I would review it for my blog. Say it with me now: ...