Saw this on a movie about the Tahoe Rim Trail Ultra yesterday:
"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail." (Emerson)
Also: Miss. Rachel gave me a fabulous blogger award:
RULES: list 5 things you're "addicted" to, then bestow the honor on five of your favorite bloggers.
My Five "Addictions" in no particular order:
1. Facebook Space Raiders - this is, admittedly, a pathetic thing to be addicted to. It serves no useful purpose, is not lovely, and does not make the world a better place.
2. True Crime. As in, I have Google alerts that notify me when something happens on a story I'm following. I'm especially fascinated by missing people, who then turn out to have been done away with by someone in their own household. They always get caught. It's just a matter of time. I get a distinct pleasure out of watching the process of them getting caught - ha. that'll serve you!
3. Sweet Baboo. When he's not around, I get bored, I eat all the wrong things, and I stay up too late, falling asleep in front of the TV. Everything's just off-kilter.
4. Gadgetry. I must, must, must at all times have a cell phone, garmin, and ipod with me. Even on my workouts. That way I'm connected, know where I am, and am enteretained. All at once. Yeah, I know. Loving the journey and all that, being mindful, shouldn't need music to feel the joy...Blah, blah, blah.
5. Coffee. "Stuff White People Like" notwithstanding, I like mine in the form of espresso (2x shot) with loads of Splenda and soy milk in it. Mmmm.
Five Fabulous Bloggers
21st century Mom
Run, Bitch, Run
BTW, I'm signing up for the Tahoe Rim trail run. No headphones allowed. I'm heavily dependent on my music, as I mentioned above. Any suggestions (other than lectures about why I shouldn't wear headphones)?
Dear Diary, I am sitting here in my living room feeling pretty good about the 31-mile week I just had. 31 miles. Thirty-one. I used...
Ahhh. That crispness in the air. The blueness of the sky! Can you see it? Can you feel it?? IT'S MARATHON SEASON! So, my friend ...
Dear diary, is anyone out there? it doesn't take a genius to notice the rapid decline in the number of posts on this blog in the pas...
Even though I was in awful shape in 2016 I was still stubborn and foohardy...so I spent a year running down whatever fitness base I had left...