Oh. well. No, me neither.
12. I. love. American Nijnja Warrior. I'm not ashamed to say it. If you love it too, you'll love this commercial.
11. There is a woman in my family therapy class who--well, I have to back up a bit. As part of our class requirements, we have to partner up with someone and do a role play. The role play is to simulate a family therapy session. Two people, family role play. Yeah, I know. But anyway.
|Peeps sushi rolls (with fruit roll-ups in |
place of seaweed wraps, and
marshmallow rice crispies.
10. Countdown the end of the semester - I turned in an application last week to interview for an internship at the VA hospital. If I get it, not only will I possibly be a step closer to actually working there one day, but it will be terrific experience. I had decided that for my final internship year I wanted to work with grownups, or at the very least, clients who no longer lived with their parents. The VA is at the forefront of the latest in evidence-based treatments for mental disorders, including PTSD, and I love their non-woo-woo, show-me-the-research attitude.
If I got this, I could commute in with Sweet Baboo twice a week. Now I'm sitting on my hands waiting for the cell phone to ring. RING, phone. RING. We are admonished to take the first internship we are offered, so I have put off interviewing for any others until this one. This means that other openings are drying up. If they don't call, well, then I may be totally screwed.
|The Trouble With Tribbles, starring|
9. I thought I got a D on one of my midterms, but I was wrong; I got a B-. Suh-weet! I've been bummed about that all week. I'm muchly cheered up. My other midterms I got a B+ and an A-.
8. I hit a new low this week: 145. I don't put it on the ticker until I've held it for a week, so we'll see if it sticks. I tend to hit my low on Wednesday after days of eating lightly and being dehydrated. Still, it is a new low, so we'll see. Dehydrated weight counts, right? Sure it does.
7. Believe it or not, even PC therapists say some very non-PC things, like when watching reality shows on A&E, like Hoarders and Heavy. I wish I could share them with you. But they would be way too offensive.
6. PEEPS! PEEEEEPS! That is all.
5. The daughter experiment is better. I put her on a schedule, which I figured would result in resentment and rebellion, but she seemed relieved, and is following it. It divides up her day so that she is more productive. Somewhat.
What makes all this interesting is that I teach an NEO in family systems at work twice a month. I have 30 minutes to teach family systems. yes. So, but what I highlight is how we often slip back into our roles when we're around our family of origin, no matter what strides we have taken to become self-actualized human beings since leaving home. Ergo, I present to you my visual aid: My daughter, who is no longer 23, she is a boy-crazy teenager.
4. I binged on Japanese food today. I know that seems like a contradiction in terms, but *urp*.
3. I attended a DBT workshop today, and am ready to get down with my Wise Mind. Honk if you know what that means.
Then, Saturday morning, heading out with some peers for a long hike in the mountains (about 12 miles, after which I'll run home to finish out another 5 miles. Then Sunday, a 22-mile, mostly flat or downhill run. Then I'll be all caught up.
1. I'm considering the Mt. Si run in Washington state in April. It just came up. Himself is doing a training there, so he'll be there the week of, so all we have to do is foot the bill for my plane fare. Plus, it will give me state #13: Washington. Hmm. I keep ya posted.