1. Yesterday, while on the phone to DP (who was collecting her health food at "chick-fil-a") I reached into a box of ace bandages and tape that I keep high up on a shelf in my laundry room. In it were my lost keys that I misplaced in June, and have already replaced. I knew I'd find them, I just figured it would be in a place that made sense.
2. I figured out that the climb at Ironman Utah isn't as
3. Yesterday morning it was 54 degrees out. Ahhhh. This is my favorite time of year in the Land of Enchantment: chilly mornings and warm afternoons.
4. It's probably presumptuous of me to say it, okay write it, out loud, but there it is. My hair, my skin, myself: I Look Cute Today. I don't even feel fat.
5. My left foot hurts. I'll be wearing ugly shoes until it stops.
6. My law class is pretty interesting, but the textbook is the world's most boring book. Psychopharmacology is, HANDS DOWN, the coolest, most interesting class I've ever taken.
7. No job callbacks yet. I'm giving myself 2 weeks from today to start getting interviews, and if there are none, then I'll start taking on more clients at the counseling center. Something is better than nothing, even if 40% of the time clients fail to show. I'm really PISSED at the center director for changing his mind about the intakes position AFTER school already started.
I've been doing some reading of published research, and although most adults in need of social services are men, only 15% of social workers are. I'm working on a project for advanced research class on "Men as an underrepresented population in social work." I expect it to be politically incorrect and draw the ire of several angry women. Bring it on. In my opinion, being a feminist means paying attention to all populations in need of help, not just the ones you think should need help.
9. Favorite line from the new "Hoarders" series: I wouldn't classify myself as a hoarder...I'm a saver" Um, yeah. And I don't have anxiety, I'm just a bit edgy.
10. One of our favorite (Sweet Baboo and I) favorite things to watch is the evacuation of the hills. This is the phenomenon that occurs during a sudden downpour. Hikers, walkers, mountain bikers, and runners come pouring down out of the hills running like hell for their cars. There's always that one person who saunters. Usually a man, he's all, what the hell - I'm already wet. I'm unemployed; this is cheap entertainment.
11. I've worked since I was 15 years old, and the last time I was unemployed was in 1990, when I spent about 14 months to see if I'd like being a "housewife". I had three children under six and thought I would lose my freaking mind. So I have mixed feelings about the whole thing.
12. I need to come up with a schedule, while I'm home, to keep me on task and organized. I need a system.
13. Take a look this woman, who is featured in a recent copy of Glamour magazine. DP sent me this link, and when I first saw her, I was startled: hey, how did that stranger get my ruined stomach? Kinda puts things in perspective, huh? She is a "plus-sized" model. I mean, She's gorgeous.