13. Last week, Sweet Baboo contacted me at work, bereft. He was convinced that the new pups had swallowed ornament hooks. "They aren't eating," he said, or drinking, and they were lethargic. "Wait until tonight," I advised. "Everything I've read says that when they do swallow something, it's usually a piece of something they've been chewing."
Well, Baboo got home first and discovered the following: the large block of suet, nuts, and seeds that was hanging in the back yard as winter food for the birds was dramatically depleted. And, he noted, the last couple of piles the dogs had left had lots of seeds in them.
I guess It's hard to be bouncy and hungry when you have a gut full of beef fat. (They're fine now, by the way.)
12. A woman in my office last week (in a children's mental hospital) wanted to admit one of her kids. I asked her if any siblings had been here and she said, yes, years ago, "way back in 2006". When I asked why, she refused to answer, telling me that "I'm not going to discuss that with you, that's private". yeah. She then proceed to tell me a lot of other private stuff, but continued to decline to tell me about her other kid. I mean, lady, we have the records. Whatever.
11. Doggies went to the vet last week. They are healthy, about 30 pounds each. No problems, despite the half pound of suet they consumed.
10. I am happy to report that being dragged around the block by a dog at 6 am means I get to say that I "ran" in Weight Watchers. I've historically, always had to log my workouts as "jogging" in weight-watchers my fastest runs were slower than a 12-minute mile. Dude. I'm totally stoked that I can say that I was "running". It's huge to me. It's only 2 points extra earned each time I run a doggie . Still. HUGE.
9. Last Tuesday I had a bad eating day. What did I eat you may ask. Well, let's just not go there. Suffice to say I consumed about 36 points,
8. 2 years ago, Sweet Baboo bought me this fleece tube hat thing while we were doing the Colorado relay Anyway, it sat on my shelf for two years while I thought, Hmm. Weird. Then finally, I took it out to use it, and Oh. My. God.
I love this thing. It keeps my hair out of my eyes, and isn't as hot as a hat. I'm looking for summer versions, if anyone knows of any.
7. March 26th, we begin "Civilized Canine" classes together. More on this later.
6. I am now keeping a "panic attack diary" in which I write such things as, what was I doing when it started? What was the first physical symptoms? What was I thinking? What did I think after it started? What did I do? How long did it last?
5. Amazingly, petting my dogs has stopped a panic attack. I can't explain it. Still. I can't take my dog everywhere.
4. Although I'll never tell them, lest I hurt their feelings, I have a favorite dog. Shhhh.
3. This weekend is the 50-mile Old Pueblo. I had a pretty relaxed take on failing, succeeding, whatever, until Baboo reminded me that there is a buckle. A BUCKLE. I have to finish now. I'm no longer relaxed about this. I am, however, severely under trained.
2. I'll be staying at herself's house, FeLady, this weekend. We have lined up a dog watcher and feeder. I have taken a day off. For a BUCKLE.
1. Sweet Baboo just woke up from a nap. He has no clue that a little while ago, I was talking to him and he fell asleep while I was talking. I love him anyway, because he cleans up all the dog poo.
Even though I was in awful shape in 2016 I was still stubborn and foohardy...so I spent a year running down whatever fitness base I had left...
if you hadn't noticed, I'm taking a bit of a break from blogging to pursue a new passion. Don't worry, I'm still doing ultra...
Dear Diary, It's 5 am and the wind is still. Fucking. Blowing. I'm not talking about a breeze rustling through the trees. We live...
Dear Diary, This month I learned stuff from doctors. Good stuff. Stuff I didn't know, and was surprised to learn. That doesn't...