Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Ahh. Nothing like a sprint tri

This Saturday I have a sprint triathlon at White Sands Missel Range. I expect it to be a relaxing experience, and here's why.

Every once in a while you have "one of those days." Days that you know about in advance that are going to be completely insane, but you can't avoid them.
Yeah. This week will be like that.
Not that we're not all busy. I'm just throwing myself a major pity party.

So, today, I'll have my morning run - further proof that I'm a member of the ISR, the Insane Runner's Club ; it's 25 out but I want to go outside because I want to try out my new stuff from Sunday to see if it really keeps me warm. I'll do about 4 miles or so, then shower and hit a 6:45 am meeting (not a typo) then teach electron dot configurations all day, then go downtown to the counseling center where I volunteer and see a client, then head back uptown to the 'burbs and whip up some Potato Gnochi to take to my son's Cross Country potluck banquet where all the meat eaters will get in line ahead of me and take all the vegetarian food because "it looks so healthy." (I should have prepared this all yesterday but I spent 2 hours running errands after work, including 45 minutes waiting for my turn at the bank where I was told, "you should call the student loan people to take care of this" ). SOOO, after the banquet, where all the vegetarian food will be eaten and there will be nothing left but salads with cheese and ham bits inthem, (I HATE POTLUCKS) I'll come home and have a peanut-butter sandwitch. Then, I'll prepare tomorrow's lesson during which I'm being observed by an administrator. But first I have to go to the store to get glue, index cards, borax bananas, more protein powder, and bread.

Then the rest of the week I'll have fairly "normal" days except that after work I have a workshop, dental exam, and oil change scheduled, in that order, and of course I pick up Mini-me from swim practice at 5 and then on Friday the famdamily and I leave to go down to Las Cruces to do the first triathlon of the SWCS 2007 season, which I expect to be chilly.

but relaxing.

and now you know why.

Nothing really to say here. Just venting.

...

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:10 AM

    I love electron dot configurations. But I don't have to teach them to anyone.

    I hope you enjoyed your run, you are definite a member of the ISR club in my book, I've moved completely indoors for the winter. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:31 AM

    25? Huh. It was 15 here. What's up with that? I only did 3.2 miles sans neoprene face thingy. Not that I'm competing or anything - especially with an age grouper. See you Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:02 AM

    I thought I was the only one with those kind of days. WHen you finally get to bed it's hard to slow down to sleep. I wimped out to the treadmill at 14 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry, but I don't know anyone who just "whips ups" gnocchi. That's what Trader Joe's is for. Wow. I'm impressed!

    You'll have to let me know how that gear works out. Brrr!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I buy Gnochi pre-made at Ta-Lin or Sunflower market. However, it is precious to us; we have determined it to be the perfect workout food. High glycemic, etc. So I just made spaghetti instead. Which nobody touched.

    ReplyDelete
  6. interesting...

    this weekend i plan on flossing. that's it. just flossing.

    good luck with all that.

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing links to commercial websites from people with invisible profiles are deleted immediately. Spammers are immediately deleted.

Moved.

 I'm no longer involved in multisport or endurance sports. I've started my own business, a psychotherapist specializing in anxiety d...