There's a lot I'm looking foward to about 2007. This is the year that people start thinking about resolutions and goals for the coming year. I've won't make a list of goals, because the S on my outfit really stands for Short-Attention Span. I tend to drop some goals in favor of more timely, appropriate goals as the year moves on. So, instead of setting goals, I'll just talk about things I'm looking forward to in 2007.
I suppose you could say that I'm setting "maybe"s, keeping in mind that my "maybe" is stronger than a lot of people's goals. So here's the top ten things II'm looking forward to in 2007:
10. Losing that last ten pounds, and having ten pounds less of my ass to haul around courses and up and down hills. Maybe even wearing a two-piece triathlon suit, (wearing it well) and hopefully, looking better in a wetsuit.
9. New injinji socks in their newest color. What's better than sexy black toes socks? Sexy pink toe socks!
8. Getting faster. Last year's word was "finisher". This year's word will be "faster". I'm looking foward to seeing what interval training and extra protein in my diet will bring. I'm planning to break a 10 minute mile in a 5K. (Yeah, I know it's been done before. But not by me.)
7. More FIRSTS: first marathon, first full Ironman, first IM tattoo??
6. Finishing the Grady Williams Olympic distance tri, once and for all.
5. Chasing down a few rival triathletes...my own quiet, personal quest...I won't name names...they'll never know...
4. Taking better race photos. I mean of me. I always look so pained. I've given up trying to look stoic or strong; I'm going for just plain silly.
3. Zooming around the country in the Honda FIT visiting exotic and strange locals with Sweet Baboo (yes, you read that right. There's nobody else I'd rather be in a car with for hours on end.)
2. Meeting new people and hanging out with them at races! having finish line parties.
and the number one thing I'm looking foward to in 2007:
1. Finding out what else I can do!
Even though I was in awful shape in 2016 I was still stubborn and foohardy...so I spent a year running down whatever fitness base I had left...
Ahhh. That crispness in the air. The blueness of the sky! Can you see it? Can you feel it?? IT'S MARATHON SEASON! So, my friend ...
Dear Diary, It's 5 am and the wind is still. Fucking. Blowing. I'm not talking about a breeze rustling through the trees. We live...
Dear Diary, This month I learned stuff from doctors. Good stuff. Stuff I didn't know, and was surprised to learn. That doesn't...