2) My tattoo is finally past the reallllly itchy/peely stage. I'm going swimming tomorrow.
3) I managed to get through the day without throwing things at the head of a particular student, even though I thought about it more than once. Thought about it. Long and hard. (hah, heh, she said long and hard) Guess what, Miss Thang? Having a diagnosis of ODD in your record doesn't exempt you from being written up.
4) I've decided that 2008 will be the year of my first ultra marathon. I'm not fast, but I'm good at holding a pace (my coach even said so.) Here's some runs that I'm considering, for next year. If you've done any of these, let me know! I'd appreciate some feedback. The first 50K's I'd like to do would be ones that don't have cutoffs.
- JANUARY: the inaugural Mississippi Blues marathon, in Jackson OR the Big Bend 50K in Texas.
- APRIL: the Fiesta de Albuquerque Marathon.
- MAY: the Jemez 50K trail run.
- AUGUST: the LaLuz trail run, if I get picked. The field is limited, and runners are selected by lottery.
- SEPTEMBER: Colorado Relay, with assorted Peeps such as Pirate, Pirate's Beloved, Sweet Baboo, and others.
- OCTOBER: Palo Duro 50K Trail Run.
6) I'm almost caught up on my blog reading. I fell way behind.
7) I found a new blog I'm addicted to. Here's a sample: http://www.hoboteacher.com/blog/2007/02/work-on-your-classroom-management.html