Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Snow day! Woo hoo!

We had precipitation here in the desert last night, and it was frozen and stuff. Predictably, city officials flapped their hands a bit and after ascertaining that this was not the apocalypse they put school on a 2-hour delay.

So I headed into work early. Hmm. I know we're on a two hour delay, but where is everyone? I came in and sat down at my desk this morning in my nice, warm classroom. I would take advantage of the two-hour delay to get caught up on paperwork. A bit later, a janitor popped his head in my room, "Jeez, you guys are dedicated!" and then popped back out. Later, I went to get some water--still nobody around--and one of the maintenance crew said, "You know there's no school today, right?"

Uh, No, I did not know that.

Now that the streets are rapidly melting I head down to CompUSA to find out if there's a warranty on my dead laptop. Turns out that, indeed, in a rare moment of lucidity I purchased some sort of monster warranty that expires in 2011. Swweeeeeet.

Then Pirate called. Hey! Got your spin kit?

I, uh, what? Yes. No. I mean, it's at home.

Go home and get it--there's a spin class at noon!


Darn. Me without my list of excuses.

I. Love. Snow days. Especially when the snow melts before 11 am.

...

6 comments:

  1. oh. you suck. :) rub it in will ya? we never get snow days. even when we get 2 feet of snow and 50mph wind! our district administrators don't seem to believe in them! yesterday was the WORST i've seen it here in E Idaho in a LONG time... and no day off! Every highway/interstate within 100 miles was closed... but by god school was still in session!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smitty, I know what you mean. I can hardly believe it myself. When my kids were little in South Dakota they would put on snow boots and slog their way to school with 2 feet of white stuff on the ground. It was only canceled if the tractors couldn't get through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet. a day off & a great workout. Does it get any better than that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet. a day off & a great workout. Does it get any better than that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! I had a two hour delay. Working on the UNM campus has it's benefits!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing links to commercial websites from people with invisible profiles are deleted immediately. Spammers are immediately deleted.

Moved.

 I'm no longer involved in multisport or endurance sports. I've started my own business, a psychotherapist specializing in anxiety d...