Monday, February 05, 2007

Football scenerio



This conversation took place this past Friday.

Student A: Mrs. P., who do you want to win this weekend?
Me: To be honest, I don't even know whose playing.
Student B: It's the colts and the bears.
Me: Oh. I don't know anything about either of those teams.
Student A: The bears are the best. Just say, 'the bears'.
Me: I'm not going to say that, because it isn't true.
Student B: Why do you hate football?
Me: I don't hate football; to hate it, I would have to care. I just don't care.
Student A: Is that why you didn't wear a football jersey today?
Student B: Yeah, how come you wore a triathlon team jersey?
Me: Because I only wear jerseys for teams I'm actually on.
Student B: So you must really hate football.
Me: No, I just don't care. I only watch sports when I know the people who are competing in them.
Student A: What kinds of sports are those? I mean, besides triathlon.
Me: I watch our school compete in sports, because I know some of the players, and I watch my son compete, and I watch some of my friends compete.
Student B: That sounds borrrrring.
Me: I think sitting in a chair instead of being outside is boring.
Student A: Is that why you hate it? Because you think its boring?
Me: I told you; I don't hate it. I just don't care.
Student A: But it's easy, though. It's a lot easier to watch football than go out and run around.
Me: You got that right.

...

3 comments:

  1. Heh, I think our attitudes on football are pretty similar! *yawn*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright, Alright...I *watched* part most of the Superbowl while on the cycling trainer...until M*A*S*H came on TV Land. NOTHING beats M*A*S*H. I love your kids arguments. Someday the will see the error of their ways...hopefully..

    ReplyDelete
  3. admit it. You hate football.

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing links to commercial websites from people with invisible profiles are deleted immediately. Spammers are immediately deleted.

Moved.

 I'm no longer involved in multisport or endurance sports. I've started my own business, a psychotherapist specializing in anxiety d...