Saturday, February 03, 2007

What a FABOOLUS day!

Okay so it's GORGEOUS out. It's sunny and it's about 65 degrees out and I've already gone for a moderate sort of run. In a SINGLET and SHORTS, which I don't think I've done since September. The birds are singing so loud it sounds like springtime. There's one outside the window that trills every once in a while like an old opera singer clearing her throat. I went running for about 50 minutes, and eventually found my way back early because I forgot sunblock.

No, I'm not on drugs. I'm in PHOENIX. And it feels like springtime in the 'Burque. Other than getting lost, it was the next best thing to getting spring early.

Yesterday at work no less than nearly every single one of my students noticed that I'd cut my hair, except for one who shrugged and said, "it doesn't look different to me." Another student, a 13-year-old girl, waved him away and whispered to me, "Gawd, he's such a GUY."

Sweet Baboo, meanwhile, still insists that my hair looks exactly and precisely the same as it did the moment before I went to the hair dresser and had about 5 inches cut off. This from a man who will frequently glance at something I'm wearing and say, "Mmm. I don't remember those socks. Are those new?" He says he still can't see that my hair is any different.

But I don't care. All that is very far aways because I'm in PHOENIX and it's GORGEOUS out. I'm here while Sweet Baboo and our friend Andy are out on their 190 mile brevet (bike tour). While they're gone, I'm hanging out in Andy's condo. I won't leave again, even for a run. I almost didn't find my way back. Along with peri-menopause complete loss of directionality.

So right now, I'm sitting hanging out in the doorway in the sunshine eating Paul Newman's Own Wild Blueberry Pecan Cluster cereal, which I've decided is the closest thing to proof of the existence of God on this earth that I've experienced lately, straight out of the box. Our host has two Italian greyhounds, nervous little dogs that make little clicky sounds on the tile when they scamper around, which is often. They aren't much for sitting still. Ahhh. I needed this weekend. Maybe when I get older I can winter in Phoenix and summer in Albuquerque.
Ahhh. Only 13 more years to go until retirement.

...

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are having such a great day, time, etc.

    I don't think I've commented here before, but I found your blog via the "cows in CO - PETA controversy" comments on Nancy Toby's blog. I agreed with your comments and blogged about it here.

    And I'm sure your hair looks WAY different being 5 inches shorter. ;-) Anyway, hello from CT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky-it is -2 right now here. Enjoy a run for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderful! That's funny about your husband. I bought Dan a leather jacket for Christmas, and since I couldn't think of a place to put it, I decided to hide it in plain sight. I put a little duct tape on the box, and left it behind the bike trainer, where he saw it every day, draped clothes on it, etc, etc.

    LOLOL!

    Men choose the funniest times to not notice things! But I'm sure your hair looks great, and it sounds like you're having a good time.

    13 years for you, huh? I think it's 15 for me. Or maybe now it's 14. I'm counting the days. I wouldn't want to stop working, but I sure want to be in a position where I'm doing it by choice, not out of necessity.

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing links to commercial websites from people with invisible profiles are deleted immediately. Spammers are immediately deleted.

Moved.

 I'm no longer involved in multisport or endurance sports. I've started my own business, a psychotherapist specializing in anxiety d...