Sunday, February 11, 2007

Sunday long run.

As I've mentioned, my new goal is to complete a half marathon without walk breaks, so I'm working my long runs up again. Today's run was about 11 miles or so, a little under 2-1/2 hours, running the whole way.

It was grey, cold, and drizzly (very MISTY) - my favorite kind of running weather. I finished it a bit slower than I'd like, but I ran the whole way, my quads screaming obscenities that only I could hear.

Whatever I had left in the way of strength, stamina, and energy after yesterday's embarassment is now gone. Whipped, I am. I haven't been this tired and out of it since the last time I took a whole load of cold medicine. Usually this level of relaxation comes as a high price. Today it was free. I'm headed up for a soak and a nap.

2 comments:

  1. you go girl. are you sure you're not a masochist?

    :)
    di

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I was supposed to run for 90 minutes on Sunday, but I gave up at 55 (the problem with multi-loop courses that go past one's house).

    I'll never keep up with you at this rate!

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing links to commercial websites from people with invisible profiles are deleted immediately. Spammers are immediately deleted.

Moved.

 I'm no longer involved in multisport or endurance sports. I've started my own business, a psychotherapist specializing in anxiety d...