Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Another slice of dead bird, mom?

I did 1000 meters of the slowest swimming I think I've ever done in my life. EVAR. Then I went and bought the cheesecloth to make my holiday roast. Today is day 1 of the cooking madness that is Thanksgiving, and I'm cranky.

Number one son called and said he's not coming up from Ft. Huachuca after all. Didn't get his pass request in on time. Number two son is all bummed out now. like teenagers need a reason.

Ever wonder what vegans eat at Thanksgiving? Well, among other things I'm cooking today (Lots of strange, exotic things) is this weird pie that I make out of a large squash that Sweet Baboo grew in the back yard. It's called - get ready for this - pumpkin pie. We also eat strange, other-worldly things like green bean casserole, corn pudding, sweet potatoes, and a stuffed holiday roast.

We just wont' be eating the mascot.

No carcasses on my table, nosiree!

Sorry. I really get cranky when I cook all day. >:-( For any omnivores still reading this, you might think that my anti-turkey stance is all about the one that traumatized me as a child. It's not.

The following may not make sense if you're not Vegan...

First off, I'd like to give a shout-out to some of my vegan peeps out there: Jennifershmoo, Susan V, Josh L., Speed Vegan, and Veg*Triathlete. Tomorrow many of you will be under some sort of scrutiny regarding your diet.

Be strong. It's only one day.

E.g., "OH, sweetie, can't you have some Turkey (or ham)? Just this once? I/grandma/we spent all day cooking it....you don't want to make me/grandma/us feel bad, do you?"

Yep, the old guilt trip. It's coming

I'm desperately trying to make my first batch of Yuba, to wrap around my first ever home-made rolled stuffed seitan holiday roast. Jeez, the ones at the store and $ and there's NO LEFTOVERS. Hey, does anyone know how to simplify this process? Making Yuba, I mean. Yikes. You won't believe how much soymilk I've used so far. If you do, email me! It's all sticky and won't hang in nice sheets.

...

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:49 PM

    Yum!

    And yes, you can maintain a long course Clydesdale Triathlete on this stuff...unfortunatly all too well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:12 PM

    Glad this works for you. I just find it funny that vegans have to be critical of those who are not like them. Is Veeganism a religion? Maybe you should go door to door to support your cause?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get real, clyde. Vegans have no patent on being critical. You know now much crap we get about our diet? How often we're maligned in the news? Besides. I rarely bring this stuff up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:39 PM

    You don't see me attacking Veegans on my web page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:44 PM

    P.S I'm having a bad day also. I just have several veegan friends who are always pushing there cause. I never say boo to them even though my diet is very close to being a vegitarian. Enjoy and good luck on your run.

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing links to commercial websites from people with invisible profiles are deleted immediately. Spammers are immediately deleted.

Moved.

 I'm no longer involved in multisport or endurance sports. I've started my own business, a psychotherapist specializing in anxiety d...