Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Insanely Sexy Socks, the sequel.


<-- These are Blue Seventy neoprene socks.

They are, as all gear designed for foot comfort must be, insanely sexy.

Current water temp at CDA, about 50 degrees F (11 degrees C).

Today I swam Cochiti Lake (60 degrees F) It's 2.2 miles if you swim down and back. I found that I've been very run focused and my swim has slowed down as a result.

Hey, why can't fitness be like a college degree? You reach a certain level, and then you get this certificate, and it's yours forever. No matter how much TV I watch, I'll still have a master's degree. Not so with fitness though.
Wouldn't that be nice?
E.g., You can now run an 11 minute mile. forever.

Anyway. Cindy swam with me, (and faster, I might add.) and I'd like to take a moment to publicly thank her for accompanying me in a great deal of my training. Honestly, if you've known me for long you have some idea the level of laziness I'm capable of reaching. However, if I know that someone is waiting for me, I'll show up and do the training. Plus, there's no way I would have done this swim alone - not safe.

Anyway, my swim was incredibly S-L-O-W, although I figured out on the way back across that if I sort of pull up on the torse of my wetsuit (neoprene wedgie not withstanding) and pull up on the sleeves, this provides some "give" in the neoprene over my shoulders, so I could reach better in my stroke. I'm going back out tomorrow, but a little more gently because I don't want to wrench my shoulder. I'll be doing it twice next week, with at least a day in between swims.

Lastly, I've been obsessing some more over the the bike course at CDA. Looks like, about 12 miles of gentle rollers, and then about 25 miles of hills, then about twenty miles or so downhill. Lather, rinse, repeat. If I don't get a flat, I may actually pull this off. Ayii.

And hey, did I mention Mini-baboo has been gone for 2 weeks, and will be returning in JULY? Hah!
More on that later.

...

7 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't keep my eyes off those socks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:42 AM

    Cool neoprene socks! Maybe they will make them in a "toe sock" version soon ;)

    That was a fun swim yesterday...and thank YOU for helping me get my butt out of bed early these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to inform you that your brain has officially turned to goo. That's one of the known hazards of tapering.

    How long have you had this foot fetish?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hot socks! :)

    Been enjoying all your posts - I know you will do great in the race!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those socks are totally hot :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. **sing/rapping**

    I'm
    too sexy for my socks
    too sexy for my socks, so sexy

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing links to commercial websites from people with invisible profiles are deleted immediately. Spammers are immediately deleted.

Moved.

 I'm no longer involved in multisport or endurance sports. I've started my own business, a psychotherapist specializing in anxiety d...