Thursday, June 12, 2008

Iron Self-Indulgence and Pampering.


So today I did the following:
  • Did a 1-hour spin class (at IM pace)
  • Ran a couple miles at marathon pace
  • Did 5 quick 100-meter repeats
  • Sat in the hot tub a little while and relaxed
  • Did a 90-minute yoga class
  • Bought a latte
  • Got a pedicure (why you no got all you toe nail? You want me put acrylic toenail on for you?)
  • Got a message (the kind where you get touched, not where someone talks on your voice mail)

And then, well, then I had LUNCH.
That's right. I did all that before NOON.

I rock.

And just for the record, I said "No" to the acrylic toenail. There's vanity, and then there's well, just plain weirdness.


...

8 comments:

  1. GREAT POSTS! When is the book coming????

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! "Why you no not all you toenail?"
    Love it...hope she didn't mess with your callouses!

    (or is the plural of callouse....callai?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like well-deserved pampering. Hope you are enjoying your taper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! It's amazing how Ironman training teaches you to become even more efficient.

    What a workout too....you are really going to do well at CdA.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading all you Ironfolks' posts where your workouts for one day (during the taper) exceed my weekly training volume. You totally rock! Have a great race!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Umm, it's almost 9:00 and I'm fooling around on the computer. You put me to shame.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:13 PM

    Sounds like a great morning...by the time you had done all of this, I had finished having coffee with the dogs!

    Have a great Ironman!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's more than I've done in two weeks....

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing links to commercial websites from people with invisible profiles are deleted immediately. Spammers are immediately deleted.

Moved.

 I'm no longer involved in multisport or endurance sports. I've started my own business, a psychotherapist specializing in anxiety d...