Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Taggedy tag tag.


I was tagged by DAWN.

1. How would you describe your running 10 years ago?

BWAHAHAHAHAHA. HAH. Sorry, it's just that-HAHAHAHA- I not only wasn't running, I was bragging about my non-running status and actively mocked runners.


2. What is your best and worst run/race experience?
My best: Las Vegas marathon. I was wearing a Pricilla Presley wig and a dress, but I wasn't trying for a particular time or anything, I was just running for the sheer enjoyment of it. The weather was nice, and I pulled a negative split.
My worst: the Grasslands marathon in Texas. Now, this is a GREAT race, but I was in significant pain due to IT Band issues and a cyst on each ovary (sorry, guys - I know, ew. That's the last of the girl stuff.) That's even including the painkillers I was taking. Maybe I'll go back and do it again sometime, without all the oxycodein. I think it took me more than 7 hours to finish.


3. Why do you run?

Because it makes me feel strong and clean, like I can do anything.


4. What is the best or worst piece of advice you've been given about running?

The worst advice I ever got was to roll on that stupid foam roller thing for my IT band. It didn't help and it hurt like hell. During the few weeks I was doing it, I was practically bleeding out my eyes from the pain and my IT Band stayed exactly the same. Only after I stopped doing it did my IT Band rapidly begin to get better.

I know there are those of you out there who love the foam roller. Want to marry the foam roller.
Keep it to yourself. Personally, I think it's a cult, and I will not be sucked in.

5. Tell us something surprising about yourself that not many people would know.
I will, at times, spend considerable effort avoiding cracks in the sidewalk. Other times I'll step on them on purpose, to show them who's boss.
What concerns me that I'm even taking the time to be aware that there are cracks in the sidewalk.


tagging others:

I'm going to break with convention and say, that if you're reading this, you're it! I know, it's a cop-out, but I'm going to fall back on the undeniable truth that I'm tired from Ironman training.

...

1 comment:

  1. I am writing about the foam roller http://feelbetterfast.blogspot.com/ and noticed your post. I don't think the roller is very effective either. Have fun with your Ironman--it'll be over way too quickly.

    rich poley

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing links to commercial websites from people with invisible profiles are deleted immediately. Spammers are immediately deleted.

Moved.

 I'm no longer involved in multisport or endurance sports. I've started my own business, a psychotherapist specializing in anxiety d...