Sunday, June 08, 2008

Iron-isms.

Iron laundry the state of affairs in which most of your laundry consists of damp, smelly clothes draped about the bedroom, house, lawn furniture, whatever to air out.

Iron napping With no warning, in the middle of the day, I'll just suddenly drop off....Oh? Eh? >snort<

Iron tapeworm
Orders you to feed it with anything within reach. In a loud, raspy voice that will not be silenced.

Iron Cravings.
Not to be confused with the tapeworm, iron cravings lead you to large quantities of salt, potatassium, protein, and carbs. Usually directs you to unhealthy things such as cheese fries, fried chicken, and fried cheese sticks.

Iron fidgeting Seen mostly during the taper, this is the part where you're tempted to go and get one more long run in...just in case. Surely one set of speed intervals wouldn't hurt? Are you SURE i'm supposed to be doing "nothing" for three days this week?

Iron ADHD. Huh? What were we talking about?

Iron shopping Lets see...Neoprene booties, neoprene cap, new running shoes, sportslick tube, Garmin strap, chois butt'r pocket pacs, chapstick x2, fig newtons, red bull, baked lays...

Iron offspring "Mom, when are you going to call me back? How come you're never home? Where were you all weekend long?"

Iron perseveration
How cold is the water? Will it be choppy? Will there by wind? How high are the hills? how cold is the water NOW? Will the run be hot? Are there hills on the run? have you checked the weather forecast for the race venue today? Is it a one loop or two? Is the road in good shape? Is it a closed course? Can I finish before midnight? Did I train enough?
How cold is the water NOW?
Now? What about NOW?

...

11 comments:

  1. LOL-Iron Laundry! Ain't it the truth? How about Iron Dreams (see my blog)..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the IRONy of it all! :-0

    (P.S. I am STILL obsessing about the water temps, but only for you guys...!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:49 AM

    These are great!

    Okay, but at first I thought this was your "to-do" list and you needed to iron your laundry. I'm a bit slow today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man I would be going INSANE by now! I did my first Oly this weekend and I was a basket case the week before. I can't imagine how you must feel.

    You're going to do awesome, though! I don't know how you managed to teach this year AND find time to train for an IM. I'm training for a HIM and I can't fathom more training. (Also training for a marathon...so that's part of it.) How do you juggle long runs and long bikes!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ironblogging. Needing to clear one's head of iron-thoughts and putting it all out there for the bloggy peeps.
    You're gonna do great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooooo funny!

    IronMD: Happens only during taper. You're positive ever itch, bump, potential ache and/or wart is impending doom and thus you spend hours searching Web MD and/or tri web forums for life-saving cures to ensure you're at the start line.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I imagine over the next few weeks there will be a few more added to that list. Too funny...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the laundry one and the tapeworm one and I'm not even training for an IM :(
    Not long now, how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous1:32 PM

    You have been tagged!

    I normally don't do them either, but this one is good. Go to my blog for the questions, and then copy the questions into your blog.(not the answers though, you have to come up with your own unique ones)!

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing links to commercial websites from people with invisible profiles are deleted immediately. Spammers are immediately deleted.

Moved.

 I'm no longer involved in multisport or endurance sports. I've started my own business, a psychotherapist specializing in anxiety d...