GOAL: Finish the Deuceman 70.3 triathlon in 7:30:00
Challenges: altitude of 6200 feet, cool and dry/arid climate.
Breakfast (about 3:30 or so) oatmeal, fruit cup, half sandwich (w/protein), soy latte
- Pre-race (two hours) water
- Pre-race (one hour) full serving of HEED, sipped
- Pre-swim (15 minutes) one GU w/caffein
T1: one GU, 2 enduralytes
56-mile bike: loaded in my bento box: Cliff BLOCKS (2 packages), enduralytes, inhaler
- 1st half: 2 bottles of HEED, 2 GU's, 1 package of BLOKS
- 2nd half: 2 bottles of water, 2 GU's, 4 enduralytes, 1 package of BLOKS
13.1 mile run: loaded in my "race-ready" shorts, 6 paks of GU, enduralytes (just in case), inhaler
- Each mile, 2-3 swallows of water.
- Every other mile, 1 GU
POST RACE: Recoverite (2 servings), sunflower seeds, lots of water, advil.
That should just about cover it.
My new bike arrived today! I took beauty pictures, but can't find the cord to upload the stupid things. For people like me, they should make the cord permanantly attacked to the camera. So you'll have to see a stock photo. It's a Kestrel airfoil pro with an Ultegra setup.
You have to imagine it with HED3's and a flatwing setup on it:
My as-of-yet unnamed racing bike.
debuting at the 2007 Deuceman on Saturday.