I now have a little over 16 weeks left for the half iron I'm planning to do in September.
Crunch time. So, okay. Here is my ambitious training -- but then, I'm off until August 8th, and my kids are nearly all grown, right?-- plan. Days may be switched.
- Mondays: Speed Swim, Spinning class, Yoga. Evening Bellydance class.
- Tuesday: Moderate run, with hills.
- Wednesday: long swim, Weights, Spinning class, Yoga.
- Thursday: Long run, and every other week, open water swim (when I can get a buddy)
- Friday: Weights, spin class.
- Weekends: 1 day off for recovery/traveling
1 day for sprint tri's or Long ride
If no race, then a long ride and one day off.
- Every 4th week: recovery week.
"A" race: Oklahoma Redman on September 23rd. Half Iron Distance.
"B" races: Two olympic distance races in the Southwest Challenge Series
"C" races: Sprint triathlons, about two or three a month, in my continued quest to place in Athena division in the Southwest Challenge Series.
Tangental goals for the summer: buying a hammock, making some macrame plant holders, growing hollyhocks and sunflowers.
So, what are your plans for the summer? Will you be training, hanging out, competing, what? Inquiring minds want to know!