Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Food, food, food.

I swam 1000 meters again today. I'm very encouraged at how easier it's getting. I'm trying to work my way up to 1600 meters (1 mile) per session; it may take a while. But it's getting easier. I did the hill workout on the stationary bike. I've heard that doing hill work is also called "stealth speedwork". I hope that's right. I busted my butt. I'd have done it outside but once the weather gets sub 30 degrees I get whiny. In any case, these electronic "hill" workouts are the only time indoors at the gym that I have ever had sweat dripping off me. It's not pretty.

I've made a new discovery at the local Sunflower market - it's called Tasty Eats, soy jerky. I've started rewarding myself after a workout with these little treats, and I get some nice recovery protein, as well. Now, I'll be perfectly frank - while in Tuscon after the Tuscon 1/2 marathon, I discovered Primal Strips vegan jerky, which is fabulous - chewy and almost juicy. If I could find these again I'd eat them. In fact, in getting a picture for this post I found them online at Vegan Essentials. Maybe I'll start ordering them. I also recently tried Ultima drink mix. I, um, don't recommend it. I'm going to stick with Cytomax. And, of course, my lovely Clif Builder bars, with 20 mg protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments containing links to commercial websites from people with invisible profiles are deleted immediately. Spammers are immediately deleted.

Moved.

 I'm no longer involved in multisport or endurance sports. I've started my own business, a psychotherapist specializing in anxiety d...