Thursday, April 28, 2011

Double #1 Weekend Agenda

Friday April 29th Leave Q town at 6:50 a.m., arrive arrive in Nashville.  Pick up rental car. Check into hotel near the airport. Hit packet pickup for Country Music marathon. Relax in hotel. Eat - say it with me now - 
Pasta. In a Bread Bowl.

Saturday April 30th Get up at the crack of oh, my, god to get dressed and body-glided up and head for the marathon that starts at 7:00 a.m. Baboo and I are in separate starting corrals. He's in corral number 3, I think. My starting corral is somewhere in Kentucky. I'll be wearing a snazzy little SkirtSports pink ensem, with a pink and white hat, and bright blue compression leg sleeves. Remember: if you can't be fast, be cute.
Run the marathon, conservatively, under 5:30.

It will hit 80 degrees during the day. I'm thinking I may actually throw aside being conservative and just haul ass to be done before it gets too hot.  

Depart Nashville right after the race and drive to Cincinnati, and head directly to Packet Pickup for the Flying Pig Marathon.  Check in to the hotel after packet pickup. This is where I test a theory: I'll head for the hotel pool (I hope it's not full of noisy kids) with my flippers on, and kick around the pool for about a half hour to loosen up my legs in the cool water. Eat. Eat a lot. Sleep. Sleep a lot.

Sunday May 1st the Flying Pig Marathon starts at 6:30 a.m.  Out hotel is less than a mile from the start so we'll walk.  
I will be wearing a sporty bright yellow "MarathonManiacs" singlet, black running shorts, and bright green leg compression sleeves.

Try to run the second marathon in--well, hell, just try to run it.

It is supposed to rain - 70% chance. After the Marathon, head for "Skyliner Chile" or some such place, where we will eat. Eat a lot. Then we'll drive back to Nashville and sleep. Sleep a lot.  

Monday, May 2.  Out flight departs Nashville at 6:10 a.m. and we'll arrive in Albuquerque at 9:45 a.m. Brian will have all day to rest. 
I will go to work at noon, because I forgot to request the day off. This is not a mistake I will repeat.

Okay. Ready?

Here we go...
...


11 comments:

  1. Christ. You are nuts. On that note, you go girl, good luck.

    "Brian"? I had to think about that for a second.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck and have fun this weekend, hope all goes according to plan. Oh, and eat some Skyline chili for me. (4-way, please)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I'll be in Cincy running the full too! See you there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm running the half on Sunday. Maybe I'll see you there! Good luck on your maniacal double this weekend. You rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you are crazy. Good luck with it all! I can't wait to read your race reports.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, back to back marathons and out of town no less! I am doing my first marathon on Sunday and am scared about just one. No way could I ever think about a double! GOOD LUCK! And Cinny Chili, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best of luck Misty!! Can't wait to read the race reports.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your blog and love it. Good luck this weekend! I posted tonight on my blog about your amazing race weekend.....check it out, but maybe after you run your legs off.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great couple of races! And when you get back to Nashville, eat at Demo's if you get a chance. http://www.demosrestaurants.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will be excited to read the race reports. What a slam dunk celebration weekend you guys have planned.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm amazed by this, particularly after running my first full yesterday. I'm not too excited about WALKING, let alone even think about another marathon before fall.of course, due to my phenomenal planning, I do get to drive 8 hours home today. A marathon might (might, on day 2) be faster than that. Can't wait to hear how it went for you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing links to commercial websites from people with invisible profiles are deleted immediately. Spammers are immediately deleted.

Moved.

 I'm no longer involved in multisport or endurance sports. I've started my own business, a psychotherapist specializing in anxiety d...