Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!

I have the hardest time remembering to drink all the water that I'm supposed to drink. I don't particularly care for the local water in the first place, especially when it's room temp, and I work in a classroom for 6 hours straight where I don't have access to a cooler. So, I mix it with powdered Gatorade, and I've taken to setting my watch alarm for 60 minutes, so that every time it goes off, I drink a half to a full cup. I'm trying to get all nice and hydrated for this week's duathlon.
The thing is, I also use this alarm to remind me when the kids have been on the computer (students) long enough, and it's someone else's turn, or when it's time for them to rotate to another reading station...to the point that, now, when my watch alarm goes off, students will look up and ask me, "do we move now, or are you supposed to drink some Gatorade?"

1 comment:

  1. Good strategy! I carry a bright pink water bottle around wherever I go, and it helps!

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing links to commercial websites from people with invisible profiles are deleted immediately. Spammers are immediately deleted.

Moved.

 I'm no longer involved in multisport or endurance sports. I've started my own business, a psychotherapist specializing in anxiety d...