Tuesday, February 28, 2006

News Break


I was reading about how frustrated one blogger was about all the bad news. I admit that from time to time I get a little addicted to the latest news. Here's today's headlines:
  • India explosion kills at least 20 Police blame Maoist militants.
  • Baghbad blasts leave 15 dead Dozens injured in 4 bombings.
  • Winter Olympics flame out in TV ratings Worst since 1988.
  • 'Times' sues for NSA records Cites Freedom of Information.
  • Two British soldiers killed in Iraq bomb blast
Okay, time for a news break. It's time for me to turn off the email news alerts, radio, cable TV, and newspapers for a while. I did this some time back and sailed on, blissfully unaware of all the messed-up happenings in the world, all the misery, and lived like the 8th-graders I teach. All I worried about was the day-to-day stuff, my hair, getting my training done. Bliss. Of course, the civics teachers at my school was nonplussed as to how I could possibly isolate myself in such a manner. But I'm not isolating myself from people, ideas, or society. Just its ills. for a while.

Right now, my gray tabby (Hissy Fit) is chasing a straw around on the floor. It's not trying to get away, so she creates a little drama by tossing it up on the air and then chasing it. She's completely in the moment. Think I"ll join her. Not literally, of course. I'm taking a news break. I'm going to concentrate on my hair, training, work, and good food, the fabulous weather in northcentral New Mexico, my fabulous Husband.

Meanwhile, here's some links to explore: PositiveNews and UpBeat.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! I hear you...be selfish! (And I think it's ok to hide our heads in the sand every once in awhile...we are in the trenches much too much!)
    Have a great week and thanks for reading my blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are always good things to focus on. I sawy a study that talked about the negativity of the national news. The local news can have more upbeat stories. I try to stick with the newspaper. I can pick and choose what I want to read about.

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing links to commercial websites from people with invisible profiles are deleted immediately. Spammers are immediately deleted.

Moved.

 I'm no longer involved in multisport or endurance sports. I've started my own business, a psychotherapist specializing in anxiety d...